Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Columner Roots in Transplanting

Posted by rsf7 SoCal (My Page) on
Sun, May 2, 10 at 15:36

Can anyone answer this Question?
I transplanted my Columner Cacti about 3 weeks ago now.
How do I tell if they have any roots yet? I want to start watering them....
Scott....

Image link: Columner Roots in Transplanting (23 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Columner Roots in Transplanting

When you see new growth, that's proof positive the plants have rooted.

If you haven't watered already, I'd let rain be the only water until new growth.

o
RE: Columner Roots in Transplanting

I agree on leaving them alone. They don't need any water at this point anyway. If your curious, just pull one out of there and check it out. It looks like you have pachycereus marginatus there. I put two big ones in the yard, one with roots and one without. They both started growing at the same time and have put on the same amount of growth at the same rate. You will know when they are rooted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here