Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mammillaria Carmenae

Posted by anya_101 z5b central,IL (My Page) on
Thu, May 18, 06 at 18:42

Here is another one I have been getting a lot of enjoyment from. Again, wanted to share my fun. : )
Rose

Here is a link that might be useful: Mammillaria Carmenae Blooming

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mammillaria Carmenae

That is one beautiful plant! I think I need one : )

Jen

o

Rose,
That is a nice looking one and blooming. I just got some M. carmenae v rubrispina seeds started. As the name implies, red spines!!!
Dan
Lincoln, NE USDA zone 5

o

Hi Dan,
Thanks, as I did not put the "v. rubrispina" in there did I? Shame on me. : )
The spines do make both flowers & plant. I will change that now. lol

Thanks to you & Jen both for the compliments.

o

I have two, the normal one and the rubrispina which gets pale pink flowers.

I have a photo of my normal one in bloom at the moment. I'll have to post it.

Nice photo of a nice plant there.

Toni-Marie

o

Thanks Toni-Marie, looking forward to seeing yours. : )

o

• Posted by rodiq SE Europe (My Page) on
    Tue, May 23, 06 at 0:44

Hello Anya,

I was looking in your album: beautiful plants and pictures. But one took my atention, it look strange for an Echinopsis. I think it,s more a LOBIVIA.

Rodica

Here is a link that might be useful: ECHINOPSIS WRIGHTIANA

o

Lobivia wrightiana is a synonym for Echinopsis backegergiana subsp. wrightiana; Echinopsis wrightiana is a name that does not exist.

Pieter

o

Rodica & Pieter,
Thank you both for letting me know this. If you happen to see any more wrongly ID'ed, please let me know.
I put down the name "Echinopsis wrightiana", due to was what it was called when I purchased it. Well we all know how that can be some times. : )
I am glad to be able to give it a proper name now. Personally, I do not like refering to it as Echinopsis at all, nor a lot of others they now call Echinopsis... Most just don't look right to me. I don't think they fit the catagory right. I hate change!
I cannot see calling my "TRICHOCEREUS", an Echinopsis either, dispite what they want to call it now.
Again, I thank you both for the proper ID though.
Rose

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here