Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I love random severe thunderstorms.

Posted by volcanonerd 7 (My Page) on
Fri, May 23, 14 at 18:49

In New Mexico, one gets used to the state's personality: snow in April, hot days in February, really long rains that last for a week sometimes, cold biting wind, hail the size if tennis balls. But hey!!!!!!! My state has personality and ever-changing weather:). Can't beat that with a stick:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I love random severe thunderstorms.

Sounds just like Ireland !

o
RE: I love random severe thunderstorms.

I just had two vortexes ( on Nexrad radar) go over my house during the last outbreak last week. It ripped out 5 trees and broke many others. I do have a fair amount of trees to spare.. The lighting was magnificent. Tree lightening that spread 20 miles horizontally. Many at the same time. Lightening never not happening . Thunder a constant roar. 3.5 inches of rain in an hour most in 45 minutes. 75 MPH winds for 45 minutes , but no true tornado this time ,THANK GOD.. I am just burning the trees up as we speak. I loved driving around after the storm looking at all the lightening as the storm abated . I think the cloud was 57,000 ' tall. Very exciting night.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here