Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kalanchoe daigremontiana bloom

Posted by windsurfgirl z6 OK (My Page) on
Sun, May 14, 06 at 19:56

I was very impressed with this K daigremontiana (aka Devils Backbone) bloom in my greenhouse this past winter. I'd never seen a pic of one before and was very happy to see it in person. Thought you might enjoy it too.

WindsurfGirl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kalanchoe daigremontiana bloom

• Posted by hablu z8 Netherlands (My Page) on
    Mon, May 15, 06 at 0:47

That is very nice! I'm a fan of K. flowers. Hablu

o

That is an interesting pink, and I like the way the flowers are on different levels. Your picture surprised me because mine produces red flowers. Some people hate this plant because you end up finding its babies everywhere, but I am so fond of it that I have been gathering up all the babies and putting them in one big pot, hoping for a spectacular show come November.
I like Kal. tubiflora (or Bryophyllum tubiflorum) even more, as its flowers are reddish orange. Its leaves are different, too--cylindrical, with babies forming at the tips. I also have a big pot of that started, but it wasn't so prolific this year as the daigremontiana.

o

Do you have any blooming advise? Does it react to light cycles in a similar way to other Kalanchoe?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here