Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New pads or buds about to flower???

Posted by KittieKAT ma (My Page) on
Mon, May 19, 14 at 23:59

Got this opuntia from my bf a while back, he wasn't in the best shape but that's usually why i like them cause there the underdogs of the bunch...so o of course he got me the most beaten up one. But he's been recovering nicely and i noticed today that it looks like he's got sum buds growing, but other people are saying that they might be NEW pads growing.....sooo I'm not really sure, they look like flower buds to me? What do you think??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New pads or buds about to flower???

We have one in our front yard. These are new pads. Fairly certain.

This post was edited by twiltye on Tue, May 20, 14 at 0:03

o

I'd say pads. Pic below has flowers growing at the end of a bud, not the whole bud. Your buds appear to not have that flower/fruit division.

o

Still fairly soon to tell, i guess time will tell who will be right lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here