Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Queen of the Night (Peniocereus greggii)

Posted by tinfoilhat 10 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 28, 12 at 0:33

I posted some pictures of my Night Blooming Cerus on Garden Junk the other day. (I make weird welded garden junk) The cactus had 49 blooms on it this year and I'm starting to think that may be unusual for this plant. Anybody know?
I don't want to double post it so here is a link to it if you are interested.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/junk/msg0612104527884.html?13

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Queen of the Night (Peniocereus greggii)

Beautiful!!!!! My epi will be blooming tonight and tomorrow. I love these kinds of plants. Would you be interested in a trade? for a cutting??? I have seen lots of flowers ion these plants in pictures shared on cactus boards. My epi gets bloom flushes of 50 at the end of the summer. Only 10 this time. It warms up in repetitive flushes, each one larger than the last. I feed it after a bloom episode. I figure she is plum exhausted after a blooming and needs a snack.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's a link to her plant.

o
RE: Queen of the Night

If you want more reaction, one needs to post it on the discussions page. The cactus forum barely checks this out and pictures are allowed on the discussion page. The discussions board is the much more active one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here