Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why does my Aloe Vera turn Brown?

Posted by hocasati 8 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 5, 10 at 1:03

Help me understand.

When the weather was warmer I brought my Aloe Vera outside, thinking it must like being outdoors, but it turned brown instead of staying beautiful green. It didn't even like it even during the summer.

It turned back to green when I brought it back inside.

Please scroll to page 4 to see brown Aloe Vera

Here is a link that might be useful: Brown Aloe Vera Page 4

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why does my Aloe Vera turn Brown?

When you move any plantt from inside to outside, you need to gradually introduce it to full sun or they can sunburn. I don't see anything wrong with your Aloe. It should not be bright green living outside unless it is in full shade. Aloes change color in response to light levels, water availability, heat, etc. It is a stress response, but does not mean the plant is sick.

I actually like the grey/brown color more than the bright green it turns inside. I've got one outside that looks very similar to yours outside. Your conditions inside are abnormal. A bright green plant is not the way it should look.

Brad

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here