Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rebutia cv. Carnival

Posted by luthien79 UK (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 4, 06 at 12:24

A hybrid I acquired last year. I pretty plant body with lovely blooms.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Toni-Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rebutia cv. Carnival

The flowers are wonderfull!!!
Thanks for sharing

Greetings,

Hans

o

• Posted by rodiq SE Europe (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 14, 06 at 15:16

There you go: Luthien showtime every year!
Thanks for share your beautiful Rebutias, Toni-Marie! I was waiting for those pics.

Rodica

o

Exquisite Toni-Marie. Love the color.
Dan
Lincoln, NE USDA Zone 5

o

How/where do you grow your plants? They seem to flower so profusely. I am not fortunate enough to have a sunny home, we live in a wooded area. Even my windowsills are dim, as our home has a 3 ft eave all the way around the entire roof line. We have a small skylit atrium, but it is full of my hoyas and other plants. I was thinking about growing some cacti under lights or is it true that they need real sunlight?

o

Absolutely gorgeous.
Thanks for letting us have a peek.

o

Hello

I grow my cacti in the greenhouses where they get plenty of sunlight. Making sure they are kept dry in winter and experiencing cold temps also helps with flowering.

In the spring, I start watering them again and then I start feeding them with a cactus and succulent fertilizer. Normal houseplant food is no good for cacti.

I have no experience with growing cacti under artificial lights so I can't really comment on that. I suppose real light is much better still.

Toni-Marie

o

wow that is really nice!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here