Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Succulent ID and repotting

Posted by gonzyro 6 Philly (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 20, 06 at 19:25

Hello, everybody! I bought recently this beautiful succulent, but I dont know its name. Its also a little too big for the small pot, and I wanted to know if and how can I repot it. It has a little plantlet growing at its side...is it safe to repot that little one too?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Rocio

Image link: Succulent ID and repotting (21 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Succulent ID and repotting

keep it in its pot, these guys like to be root bound. it will send up lots of babies

o

I can't help with the cultural questions, but your plant looks like Haworthia limifolia to me.

o

Go ahead and repot. The offsets from limifolia often come from the roots, so separate it or cut it off when you unpot, and leave to air dry for a day or two. As with most succulents, don't water immediately after potting, but wait a few days, and then give just a little bit until you see new growth. And Happy Birthday to you in advance!

o

• Posted by hablu z8 Netherlands (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 21, 06 at 12:29

Haworthia limifolia. I would not repot yet. these plants can stay for ages in the same pot and as far as I can see: room enough. I have mine in a light place with only some late afternoon direct sun. Little water and hardly ever some fertilizer. greets hablu

o

hello and thanks for your answers. Im kind of confused though, since opinions differ.
I really appreciate your input!!
Rocio

o

Hi,

Nice plant you have! I'd repot, but in the same size, in a clay pot for better drainage. It doesnt need more room from the looks of it.

Jen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here