Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cactusboss

What's going on in your greenhouse or home?

CactusBoss
10 years ago

Curious to see.

Comments (5)

• wireless_bones
    10 years ago

Lots of rare lophophora's some grafts on Mertillocactus and some T. Peruvianus (Icaros)

• wireless_bones
    10 years ago

A caespitosa

• wireless_bones
    10 years ago

Rare caespitosa

• pirate_girl
    10 years ago

Hi & Welcome (sort of),

This area of posting is no longer really used. Look at how little activity there is on it.

Since you've only just registered, you may wish to look at the Discussion area of the Cactus & Succulent Forum (right nearby, pls. see top of page). That's where most folks go to discuss their plants & share pix.

FYI: I wouldn't necessarily share pix of Lopho willi ... as at this Forum, we've been told that unless one is a member of the Native Indian Nations, it is illegal to trade in or even grow Lopho will.

If you regularly grow them, you may know better, but here at GW, this is what we are commonly told.

• nomen_nudum
    10 years ago

United States laws concrning lophophora copy and paste:

Where there is exclusive federal jurisdiction or state law is not "racially" limited, peyote use by Native American Church members is legal and "racially" neutral in the United States.[30] This exemption from federal criminalization is as old as creation of federal law creating peyote related offenses.
    This law has been codified as a statute in the American Indian Religious Freedom Act of 1978, and made part of the common law in Peyote Way Church of God v. Thornburgh, (5th Cir. 1991);[31] it is also in administrative law at the 21 C.F.R. 1307.31. The C.F.R. part dealing with "SPECIAL EXEMPT PERSONS" states:
    Section 1307.31 Native American Church. The listing of peyote as a controlled substance in Schedule I does not apply to the nondrug use of peyote in bona fide religious ceremonies of the Native American Church, and members of the Native American Church so using peyote are exempt from registration. Any person who manufactures peyote for or distributes peyote to the Native American Church, however, is required to obtain registration annually and to comply with all other requirements of law.
    U.S. v. Boyll, 774 F.Supp. 1333 (D.N.M. 1991)[32] addresses this racial issue specifically and concludes:
    For the reasons set out in this Memorandum Opinion and
    Order, the Court holds that, pursuant to 21 C.F.R. ç 1307.31 (1990), the classification of peyote as a Schedule I controlled substance, see 21 U.S.C. ç 812(c), Schedule I(c)(12), does not apply to the importation, possession or use of peyote for 'bona fide' ceremonial use by members of the Native American Church,
    regardless of race.

As long as you dont consume, distriute or sell the seed for monitary gain that where originated from your lophophora there are no laws being broken.

Aside from the words of GW fables, myths or legends, you have a nice pic display where they are allowed regardles of the traffic or lack of traffic.

Sponsored