Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cactuspolecat

Cereusly, its the three amigos and co.

cactuspolecat
18 years ago

Some pics of some of my cereiods

The three amigos... left: Pachycereus (marginatocereus) marginatus, right: Isolatocereus dumortieri. front: Eulychnia breviflora (E. saint-pieana).

{{gwi:477626}}

Haageocereus elegans:this is one of about four species of haageocereus I grew from seed, the longes stem is about 750mm high. the cereoid on the right has as yet no id, it was purchased as Eulychnia acida

{{gwi:477627}}

Oreocereus fossulatus.

{{gwi:477628}}

Enjoy... more later, CP

Comments (10)

• deefar
    18 years ago

Those are nicely grown. How long have you had them?

Dawn

• billinsc
    18 years ago

CP: I love columlars! I was beginning to think not many folks had the Isolatocereus dumortieri, at least not many post pics of them. I have two. They were growing in the same pot, and I seperated them last spring. They stayed very green and healthy, but did not appear to grow very much. Are they naturally slow growers, or do you think they might have taken a break from growing due to the transplant? In retrospect, I think they look better together in the same pot. I will probably put them back together next spring. Here is a pic of my two.
    {{gwi:477629}}
    Bill in SC

• cactuspolecat
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Dawn, all of these but the Isolatocereus (only purchased recently), are in excess of 20 years old, as are many of the plants in my collection.
    Bill, sorry mate, I can't really comment about how fast/slow they grow.
    My first Isolatocereus I had years ago, but I managed to kill it, it would have been about the size of yours too, I don't recall wheteher it was a slow mover or not. It's one that is not offered very frequently, so when I saw this one a few months ago in a local hardware store, I just couldn't resist... particularly one of such size. BTW I think yours look great, I'm sure they'd have looked quite impressive together.

• deefar
    18 years ago

CP, Very impressive plants. I love it when ppl have plants that old especially from seed.

Bill, Yours are very nice also. Do you know how old yours are?

Dawn

• billinsc
    18 years ago

Dawn.. I've had mine for 13 or 14 months, and they were about that size when I got them. They may have grow some, but not a lot like some of my columlars. I do not know how old they are..
    Bill in SC

• billinsc
    18 years ago

Well, I went back and got a comparison photo from when I got them, and I guess they did grow a little..
    {{gwi:477630}}
    Bill in SC

• shrubs_n_bulbs
    18 years ago

That's a great Oreocereus. I'm liking these more and more, but I don't think its quite suitable for hiding behind my curtains!

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

Im not really one for cereids but I love that Eulychnia breviflora!

• ariole
    18 years ago

Possessing a low roof, I love seeing what others can grow. Yours are great. And I now have an even greater appreciation of the E. saint-pieana. Stunning.

Al

• billinsc
    18 years ago

I really like CP's E. saint-pieana also. That's a remarkable plant, as well as the Oreocereus fossulatus. I haven't seen that Oreo before...
    Bill in SC

Sponsored