Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosemariero

Mamm flowering

rosemariero
18 years ago

Not too many flowers...but some nonetheless!

Mammillaria perezdelarosae

{{gwi:478691}}

{{gwi:478694}}

~Rosemarie

Comments (16)

• cactusdan19
    18 years ago

Beautiful Mamm. Do you have it in a greenhouse? I grow mine outdoors for the summer and in windows or underlights for the winter. Have some M. plumosa blooming right now.
    Dan

• proper_gait
    18 years ago

Outstanding!

• astrophytumfreak
    18 years ago

Nice!
    Dan

• shrubs_n_bulbs
    18 years ago

I love the spines on this. Is it really skinny at the base?

• Ohio_Green_Thumb
    18 years ago

That's a nice one Rosemarie! Funny though, I checked mine and see no signs of buds. I wonder if mine will decide to bloom later on. I thought this one was a spring bloomer, but I've got so many it would be easy to get confused!
    Amy

• deefar
    18 years ago

That is a nice looking plant, well grown.

Dawn

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks, folks!

I have it growing outdoors all year, CDan. We are lucky to only have frost once or twice a year. No overwintering/bringing in anything going on here! :)
    My M. plumosa is just making babies now, no flowers. (The pic I just took just now was out of focus, so I'll have to try later.)

I love the spines, too, SnB! No, it's only slightly skinnier at the base.
    {{gwi:478697}}

Amy, I have no idea the timing on the blooms. I bought this one earlier in the year & it did bloom then as well. I can see how you could get confused with your masses!

~R

• cactuspolecat
    18 years ago

A beautiful Mamm Rosemarie, a have a small one of these, and I too like the spines. Maybe mine will flower later on in the season.

CP

• ariole
    18 years ago

That's a healthy plant, Rosemarie. It looks like it is outgrowing the pot. I'm also not expecting any additional flowers on mine until '06.

Al

• Ohio_Green_Thumb
    18 years ago

I checked DT and it says it's a late winter bloomer. So yours is early and mine might still be thinkin' about it!

Yes, my masses...and would you believe I've got over 30 more on the way (mostly Mesembs)! There's no hope for me.

Amy

• shrubs_n_bulbs
    18 years ago

Very well grown, Rosemarie. Maybe you convinced it that its home in Mexico.

• billinsc
    18 years ago

Very impressive plant.. Looks like it would really "grab" you if given a chance!!
    Bill in SC

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh good, CP...which season are you in over there right now? I can't remember!

I jsut noticed today that the pot has a crack, Al. I'm counting on you pokey experts to help me out ~letting me know I need to pot on! :)

Yay, Amy...more to look forward to soon! Oh nooooooo (I mean YES) on 30 more coming your way! :P I have been pretty good about wearing my blinders around plant-selling places. LOL And then, I try not to go out of the house much! :)

Thanks, all for you kind remarks! Hey, SnB...maybe you're right! Could be it heard the "Olé"s coming over the border from the bullring!

~Rosemarie

• cactuspolecat
    18 years ago

I just read Amy's post, she says late winter bloomer, so I'll have to wait a bit longer it seems... we're in spring down here at the moment. I just checked, I have some seeds of this just germinating too. :)

CP

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

You never know, CP, it might just bloom for you this season anyway!

My Mamm. huitzilopochtli is budding up...wonder how long before I will see blooms on it!?

~R

• cactuspolecat
    18 years ago

Hmmm, here's hopin" ;)

CP

Sponsored