Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosemariero

Webbed Halloween Suc

rosemariero
18 years ago

This is how most of my sux are dressed for Halloween...or just about every day lately! I have to brush 'em often.

{{gwi:479216}}

~Rosemarie

Comments (15)

• mrbrownthumb
    18 years ago

LOL, That's great.

Although if you have a lot of spiders out there maybe I don't want to live in that climate.

Thanks for the laugh.

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Okay, we have spiders...but I don't think any more than anyone else does, MBT. Glad to make you laugh.

Here's a small guy taking shelter in my variegated Crassula~
    {{gwi:479217}}

This looks like the same type spider, but on my Echinocereus~
    {{gwi:479218}}

It was early morning, so my camera lens fogged up (he was gone by the time I came back)~
    {{gwi:479219}}

This is the newest one I've seen & I don't know what kind yet~
    {{gwi:479221}}

The only thing I don't like about these guys (next sev pix) is getting "cobbed" in the dark! They are quite large too ~Araneus diadematus~back corner of yard near apple tree~
    {{gwi:479222}}

{{gwi:479223}}

Neat design on underside
    {{gwi:479224}}
    Off the front porch
    {{gwi:479225}}
    Not so bad in daylight~
    {{gwi:479226}}

Now...I found this Green Lynx Spider (Peucetia viridans) a few years back in my Silver Lace Vine...making or guarding her egg sac~
    {{gwi:479227}}
    {{gwi:479228}}

Ten days later the little guys started coming out! You can see Mama better & the markings of this neat spider~
    {{gwi:479229}}

{{gwi:479230}}

{{gwi:479231}}

{{gwi:479232}}

These guys are also on non-succulent plants, but they're so teeny tiny, they're cute!

Enough creeper crawlers for Halloween?
    ~Rosemarie

• ariole
    18 years ago

What a great collection of 8 legged friends.

Al

• cactuspolecat
    18 years ago

WOW Rosemarie, Nice spidey critter pics... I love the green one, and the little "jumpers" a real favourites of mine... I see them often in my GH.

CP

• Ohio_Green_Thumb
    18 years ago

Holy Arachnids Batman! That's a lot of spiders! We have some very swift jumping spiders known as "Brave Jumping Spiders". They are black with a few gold dots on their backs. They like to built funnel webs underneath the succulent leaves and sometimes even underneath the gravel I use for topdressing. There's nothing quite like getting surprised by one of these when they rush out to see what's causing the vibration as I lift pots to check plants! Gets me every time! Good thing I like spiders.
    Amy

• ooojen
    18 years ago

Wonderful shots of some great little beasties! I love 'em!

• Lynn
    18 years ago

Very nice web shots! I like spiders......

WindsurfGirl

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks folks! Glad you like!

I like it better if they don't jump out & scare the you-know-what out of me! If they hold still long enough of for me to go grab my camera, they make it to my Hall of Critters.

Amy, those Brave Jumping Spiders sound interesting. I did come across a Black Widow once while shaking out deflated pool toys. I killed it thinking it was one & I was right. Whew! Eek!

I have pix of our Paper Wasps & others I was going to post when you did awhile back, but I got too busy then.

~R

• Romani_30
    18 years ago

You are still a child at heart aernt you? I love the spider photos!And the succulent decked in webs of course!

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I suppose I am, Romani! Better that than being childish, I suppose. Keeps me feeling young, anyway. :)

~Rosemarie

• Moon Rabbit
    18 years ago

Cool pictures Rosemarie! My little lynx has had an egg sac she's been guarding for what seems to be more than 2 weeks. Maybe she's got late bloomers..

• cactus_kate
    18 years ago

What a great bunch of spiders! All the ones we have around here (apart from the jumping variety in the lawn) are scary and/or poisonous. We have Wolf Spiders (almost as big as Tarantulas - seriously), and Black Widows, and Brown Recluses, etc. When I was in middle school, I came home from a field trip once with a tarantula-size Wolf Spider, who I named Herkimer. My mom flipped and told me to let it go immediately. It's not until being a parent myself that I really understand this sentiment...all sorts of scary things are brought home to us now... : )

Thanks for the pics, Rosemarie, and walk down memory lane.

Kate

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Mojo, yes, could be late guys. I have no idea what's "normal" for them. Happy Birthday a bit early! I notice on your member page the event is tomorrow! Live it up! :D

Yikes on all those guys you have, Kate! I can see why your mom flipped! We kept Horny Toads when we were young.

You're welcome!
    ~R

• wingtsunguy
    18 years ago

Yikes!!! Spiders!!!
    I had a buddy who collected various spiders and tarantulas. He had a small dedicated basement room with about 30 or so species. Once a "Trinidad Chevron" had escaped (3")while he was transporting it to a larger container. It landed on my shoe and up my pant leg!! I was squealing! I slowly, lifted my foot one at a time while my friend helped me remove my pants. I could feel the spider climb higher and higher. Once I was out of my jeans/in my boxers he found the spider and captured it. Imagine if his wife walked in...?

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh how funny! I mean...yikes ! No WAY would I like a spider of ANY size crawling up my leg!

I can only imagine what the wife would think! :P

~R

Sponsored