• astrophytumfreak
    18 years ago

Very nice picture Alfonso.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Dan

• tequila
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I only said the most wanted, but I don´t said the name of Digitostigma or Astrophyton caput medusae seedlings
    Alfonso

• shrubs_n_bulbs
    18 years ago

I already got my "most-wanted" M. luethyi :)

Lets hope that Digitostigma gets into wide circulation before the habitat is plundered.

• astro_mty
    18 years ago

Hi all:
    After a long time waiting, some of these seedlings and some seeds too, decide to migrate to Germany last week. Some others, however, decide at the same time that was better to go to Southern Califonia, where they will live in El Cajón area. In those places, some Digis will disperse quickly, but the rest will grow and reproduce before to cover the entire world, like Sherwin Williams. But they are no "wetbacks", all this plants made the trip with all their papers OK, like CITES, Phyto and Mexican Government permits. I even saw a Digi with Green Card and Driving License, very happy going to San Diego.
    All this young plants born in The Proyecto Digitostigma Nursery, in Central Nuevo León, Mexico.
    I think that with this legal export, the wild population remain secure and healthy, and the illegal extraction donÂt be a menace anymore. Now, we need to protect them from habitat destruction, like agriculture, buffel grass, artificial lakes, road construction, gas exploration and other dangers.

BTW, in a recent book (Das groÃe Kakteen-Lexikon. Edward F. Anderson. 2005. ISBN 3-8001-4573-1), Anderson recognize Digitostigma as a valid genera, in accordance with the last reunion of the International Commission of Botanical Nomenclature.
    I think Digitostigma / Astrophytum relations are similar to Leuchtenbergia / Ferocactus, which share many characteristics and can be crossed with some difficult, but remain as a different genera.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:479717}}

• tequila
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Manuel:
    Congratulations, ¡It is Digitostigma time! you made a good job, I am happy for you.
    I hope see you soon in Monterrey
    Saludos
    Alfonso

• Pieter
    18 years ago

There are offered several seedling on e-bay. It seems the prices are going crazy!
    Pieter

• cactusjordi
    18 years ago

Pieter,

those on eBay are the emigrants to Germany. The ones imigrated to the US are more moderate and fix as I heard.

Jordi

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:479719}}

• shrubs_n_bulbs
    18 years ago

I think those seedlings are going to bring in some record prices ...

• jeffrey_harris
    18 years ago

Jordi,

I see that someone has been worshipping at The Temple of The Tuberous Rooted-Cactus.

• Pieter
    18 years ago

About two months ago tgere was offered a grafted plant on ebay. It went to 450Â!!!!!