Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cesmon

ID echinocereus

cesmon
18 years ago

Hola:

This plant was sold to me like echinocereus. Somebody knows it?

Thanks

César

Image link:

Comments (6)

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

looks like an etiolated mammilaria to me

• wazzimodo
    18 years ago

Hmmm, yes, I searched through cactaceae.net and could not find any Echinocereus plants that looked like the one you have. The distinct lack or ribs means it does not look like one to me.
    Maybe it is as GL says?

• cactus_dude
    18 years ago

I think it's probably a mamm too, but I don't think it looks etiolated at all.

cd

• shrubs_n_bulbs
    18 years ago

I agree that the plant looks very tubercular and lacks prominent ribs, but I think that's just because its still a baby. Look at the newest growth, the ribs are developing and it is not at all mamm-like. I can believe it is a baby Echinocereus but can't offer a species.

• cactuspolecat
    18 years ago

Hey Cesar, it has the spine colour of my Echinocereus laui, but at even at a young age this has didtinct ribs.
    I must say though, that it looks very "Mammillific!", spine colours are reminiscent of M. fraileana, but that has hooked spines, or even M. viperina.
    It'd be interesting to see what it's like after growing in some full light for a while.

CP

• cesmon
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hola:
    Thanks by your opinions. I only can say that etiolated not is.It receives light sifted of the sun.

César

Sponsored