o
Pachypodium saundersii var. compacta

Posted by jamesfe b5 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 8, 05 at 14:48

This one has got fat.Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pachypodium saundersii var. compacta

Gotta love the fat plants. How cute is that. I don't have this one yet, but come spring.....

Dawn

o

WOW! a real fatty man! I love it. How old would that one be?, I have 2 small seedlings of P saundersii that are about as thick as a pencil and a couple of inches tall.

CP

o

Very cute, I want it!

o

I'm curious if this plant is P. saundersii var. compacta as the branching pattern, the leaves, and the spines looks a lot like those in rosulatum group. But it is a beautiful plant indeed!

o

I bought this plant at the Michigan C&SS plant sale three years ago. It was grown from seed by one of the members and on the back of the tag is a date of 10-19-01. So soon it will be four years young. Thanks for all your comments.

o

Meloman was right. The true s v compacta has light green satin leaves..even flat green. I have the real compacta and its a tough,hardy Pachy. You cant kill it if it gets sunlight. Hardy to the mid 20's. JUST SLOW...as slow as slow can be unless you have a heated greenhouse to save some time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here