Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A couple of Notoparodiacactus

Posted by cactuspolecat Tasmania Aust (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 25, 05 at 16:43

Notocactus, Parodia... call 'em what you will, when all is said and done the flowers remain the same... lovely!

Parodia scopa,
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Parodia mammulosa,
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Enjoy, CP

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A couple of Notoparodiacactus

I love your scopa, been wanting one of those.

Dawn

o

Dear CP,

Marvelous - can't wait for Spring myself.....

o

Hey CP
How do you get your images posted?
I got I' view this morning, but cannot get my images down small enough still...any help?
Wazzimodo

o

Great pics CPC. Yes Jeffrey.. hurry back spring..
TrioNotos

Bill in SC

o

I am sooo ready for summer already and we aren't even through fall yet. This is going to be a long winter.

Bill, the flowers on those plants are beautiful.

Dawn

o

Thanks folks.
Dawn, this form of scopa has always been my favourite, I love the dark spines.
Bill, I love your pic, which Noto is the one on the right... roseoluteus??
Wazzimodo... I use Photoshop to reduce my pics in prep for posting, I usually compress to somewhere around 100kb, I then place the finished product in my photobucket account, by doing this it beats the limitations required for posting links on the gardenweb forums.
I have never used IView, so I can't comment on it's functionality... though I know there are others here that do use it, maybe they can give you pointers, sorry.

CP

o

Yes CPC, the plant on the right is N. roseoleutis, the left is N. rutilans, and the foreground is N turecekiana..
Bill in SC

o

They are all very attractive plants! Does anyone recognize this fellow? Hasn't flowered for me yet, so I can't help you out with flower color. It came to me as gracilus, but I disagree. I thought it might be eugeniae but I'm not certain.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Amy

o

wazzimodo,

I'm not familiar with the program you are using. But my pics are usually something like 2448 X 1632 pixels and 250 dpi. I change the dpi to 72 (for internet use) and change the pixels to 700 X 400 pixels and saves as jpeg at medium or until the quality looks good.

Just make sure the file size is small enough to fit on gardenweb. If you don't want to bother with garden web you can use one of the many free on-line image hosting sites then just imbed the image to the thread using HTML.

Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here