Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spotted/striped Aloe

Posted by Ohio_Green_Thumb Zone 5b NW Ohio (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 16, 05 at 17:39

Yet another unknown Aloe which has a bluish tone to it, striped and spotted leaves and a very puppiferous habit. Hopefully this one won't be a challenge to ID. It stands about 8" high at this point.

Amy

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spotted/striped Aloe

If it didn't have teeth, I would say this is a gasteria. Its a beautiful plant. I wish I could help...sorry.

Dawn

o

It's got soft leaves, like a young Aloe vera. It's quite floppy and was difficult to pot. I broke up the cluster of pups all around the main plant and had a heck of a time steadying them all while I filled in around them with soil mix! I was attracted by the patterned leaves. This one needs to be toughened up a bit by good light. I'm sure I'll have plenty 'o pups to share next year if you'd like some.

Amy

o

Thats a beautiful plant Amy. Ahhh, I'm first on the list, thanks.

Dawn

o

Beautiful plant Amy. I sure hope someone comes up with an ID, because I think I have this one, too. Mine is quite small, "pup-sized", I guess one could call it. I know young aloes can be quite changeable, but the stripe/spot pattern seems exactly like yours.

o

I wonder if it's a aloe/gasteria hybrid. I love the look, very interesting. You'll have to keep us updated on this one. I'd love to see it flower.

Dawn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here