Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fayzeepooh

ID needed, please.

fayzeepooh
12 years ago

I took this "cactus" because it was going to die and I know absolutely nothing about it. It was just three leaves sticking from the dirt when I got it two years ago. I have re-potted it, set it outdoors in the summer, and it grew like crazy. Today it is hugh. I don't know what it is, how to care for it, but I must be doing something right. Does it bloom? Any info, sure will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Faye

Image link:

Comments (13)

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

Hi Fayse,

Nice healthy plant, I think it's some kind of Epiphyte, Rhipsalis of some kind (tropical, jungle cactus). Tho' you're right to post here for ID, this place has fallen into disuse since we can now post pix directly into the Discussion side of the Cactus & Succulent Forum. You might try reposting this inquiry over there.

I'd say you're right, just keep doing what you're doing, I'm sure it should bloom at some point & that too can help an ID.

• CorpsmanCooper
    12 years ago

It's some time of holiday cactus. Whether it's a Christmas cactus, Thanksgiving cactus or Easter cactus, I have no idea but those would be my guess.

• cactus_dude
    12 years ago

Ouch pirate girl!

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

How can you talk to someone like that pirategirl? Thats just wrong, even if his guess is wrong, the person asked everyone not just you. It might be a Lepismium maybe you should do allitle research on that one

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

It's not, it's as I said it was.

Pls. read it folks, SHE VOLUNTEERED that she is a Newbie (her Member Page says she's new to gardening) & that she was making a GUESS. Notice she hasn't said otherwise.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    11 years ago

WOW, Thorns sprout and words are said. Did you have a slip of sorts, Pirate Girl. Bad thing about saying it in the manner that you did is that you chased off the new poster with bad manners by making this place a contentious unpleasant place. Corspsman, has also not been posting hear as much and she enjoyed this forum. Most things can be said without hurting feelings. You can say things as a way of instruction with rational reasons instead of making it a slap in the face of pure ruffled go. Being right does not give you the right to be insulting. The 13 yr old has it right. "just wrong"

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Wanton,

"Thorns sprout and words are said." Is this a translation from another language?

Your comments -- Are you asking me or telling me?

"slap in the face of pure ruffled go" Again, is this a translation from some other language?

Perhaps Corpsman found other places to visit that she like better.

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

I really dont get the "translation from another language" thing ... do you not understand english? Does a 14 year old know more english than you? Because i understand what wantonamara meant...

Well corpsman would have liked it here if you werent so rude and disrespectful to her ... i almost left when you gave me an incredibly rude comment on soil, which almost EVERYONE has a different opinion on ... why dont you go and scream at everyone else about their soil choice?

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    11 years ago

I meant to type "ruffled ego" but my fat fingers left the E out.. The other quote that you were bothered by was a reference to you being rather thorny and saying thorny words. A subtle metaphor coupling plants and behavior. It looks like you had a slip and became like your pet cactuses. It happens to the best of us on days.

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Well that clarification does make some sense now, thanks, otherwise, we'll just have to disagree.

• Matthew Perry
    8 years ago

OK I have read everything said here pirate_girl u was rude by all means new or not you should not have commented back to the poor girl like you did if you ever do that to me asking or saying my comment there would be issues you don't talk to people that way and is not needed on these forums yes I must agree she may have said it was a type of holiday cactus which she was wrong it is a epie of some kind now to what kind we can't tell from the pic and you was wrong for your attitude to members don't bit peoples head off

• Matthew Perry
    8 years ago

This cactus is a epie cactus though I do not think it is a rhipsalis epi cactus when it blooms and it will your doing very great with it it is a bit hard to say which one this maybe until it blooms then we may I'd this one a bit better

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES