Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosemariero

Sux from B4 ~many pix

rosemariero
18 years ago

Thought I'd post some of my older succulent pix I came across while looking for ones for my Saga on the Garden Gallery fourm post. So, here are a few...thought you might like to see!

Aeonium 'Kiwi' w Echeverias, Graptopetalum, Sedum, Faucaria

{{gwi:483374}}

Epiphyllum phyllanthus/strictum/hookeri (whichever name it's going by these days!

{{gwi:483376}}

Faucaria tuberculosa

{{gwi:483378}}

Aeonium 'Sunburst' w Echeveria, Bryophyllum, Faucaria, Graptopetalum, Crassula

{{gwi:483379}}

Kalanchoe marmorata, Penwiper{{gwi:483382}}

Kalanchoe luciae ssp luciae

{{gwi:483383}}

Echeveria hybrid w/ start of inflorescences

{{gwi:483384}}

Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg' inflorescence

{{gwi:483386}}

Echeveria 'Black Knight' flowers

{{gwi:483388}}

Xeriscape Lemon Island revisited ~a bit more filled in

{{gwi:483389}}

I like 'em! Hope you do too!
~Rosemarie

Comments (16)

• mrbrownthumb
    18 years ago

Oh you're killing me. Such great plants you have there. I think I want to move out west.

Thanks for sharing.

• cactuspolecat
    18 years ago

beautiful pics! Rosemarie, thanks for sharing.

CP

• deefar
    18 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. You have have such a way with growing these plants. Thanks for sharing.

Dawn

• ariole
    18 years ago

Truly, truly amazing collection. Your Aeonium 'Sunburst' is spectacular. Many thanks for this show.

Al

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

I love those Kalnchoes, esp. marmorata!

• billinsc
    18 years ago

Very colorful array of healthy succulents! Fine job Rosemarie!!
    Bill in SC

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for all your nice comments, folks!

Another thread coming! :D
    ~Rosemarie

• Ohio_Green_Thumb
    18 years ago

Oh Rosemarie, you dazzle me with your photos! The Aeonium 'Kiwi' is just lovely and so is the Kalanchoe marmorata. That's one that's been tempting me but I don't know if it would get too tall. I've got the K. luciae which is pretty tall with enormous leaves...does the marmorata reach the same height?

Your planting choreography is elegant and pleasing to the eye! Kudos to you and thanks for sharing!

Amy

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks very much, Amy! Kalanchoe marmorata can get about 2 ft tall, unless crowded out & sun blocked by others. :) The inflorescence of Kalanchoe luciae can grow much taller than K. marmorata, but it also has tall flower stalks. One of my pix in another post to come will show the 2 together. (But that is in our climes...don't know what it would do in yours.)

~R

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sorry, Amy, I didn't get around to the other post with the older pix so you could see the height of these plants.

Here is Kalanchoe marmorata with Kalanchoe luciae ssp luciae & a hybrid Echeveria (pink one). The green balls in the background are Lemons, not Limes or Oranges! :D (From the early days of the now famous Xeriscape Lemon Island.)

{{gwi:483373}}

~Rosemarie

• sjv78736
    18 years ago

"I like 'em! Hope you do too!"

like them? I LOVE THEM! i am positively sick, addicted, obsessed with them...oh, you meant your pix...LOL! i love the pix too, Rosemarie. your arrangements could be the gold standard for the rest of us...certainly something to aspire to.
    thank you for sharing
    Jo

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well....sheesh, Jo...now you're making me blush! Thanks a bunch! You're very welcome!

~Rosemarie

• sjv78736
    18 years ago

now rosemarie, it is clear you suffer from the same "positively sick, addicted, obsessed with them" feelings i do. LOL
    as for the combo pots. i have never been particularly fond of combos, preferring to have stand alone specimens. however, having viewed several of yours now i know that next spring i will definately being doing a few. i can only hope to get the right mixture of color, texture, and form you have attained in yours.

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

That's IT, Jo...I am SUFFERING! LOL

Some of my combo pots didn't work out. They looked good for a couple years, then outgrew the space. It is best to find plants with like needs & know their limits, or prune as needed. Bad thing for me, once I pot them ~I don't like to repot them. Call my lazy...or busy! :) It is fun to experiment! You can always change them! Stand alone specimens look lonely to me. But...I have lots of those too. I hear some strawberry pots calling to me now. :P

Oh! Thanks!!
    ~Rosemarie

• thistlemissle
    18 years ago

Awesome collection Rosemarie, you've inpired me to go take pictures of my humble collections. Still waiting for my greenhouses...but you can never have too many specimens.

Cheers,
    Zachary

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks! Zachary, yes...please do! I like to see the history of my plants. I also have to deal with reminiscing over ones that went to Plant Heaven, too, but it's neat to see where you started & how far you've come (or how obsessed you've gotten)! :D I take pix of my garden/plants just about every day! Always something catching my eye.

I agree...never too many! I'm sure you will fill your greenhouse to the brim!

~Rosemarie

Sponsored