Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carrion Cactus

Posted by treecactus (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 4, 06 at 22:49

I don't know the technical name, but my carrion cactus is getting ready to bloom, and I'm really EXCITED (and a little worried about the reputed smell!)

Image link: Carrion Cactus (24 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carrion Cactus

that is going to be one huge flower. congratulations

o

Stapeliad, not sure which one, will know better once the bloom opens, looks quite healthy.

Tip about the odor, some aren't all that bad smelling, just don't stick your nose in it!!

FYI: It's not a cactus at all actually, but rather it is a succulent.

o

That's the beautiful and huge flowered Stapelia gigantea

o

Thanks for the follow up comments. I am really dying for the thing to bloom! I had another one with a good-sized bud, the for some unexplained reason, it never finished maturing. This one is relatively large (it seems huge to me!) so I think it will bloom. I just keep waiting... it's getting colder here, so I hope that doesn't discourage it!

o

Very cool. Did it end up blooming for you?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here