Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help ID aeonium and echeverias

Posted by danany z6 Brooklyn, NY (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 18, 06 at 23:19

I bought and/or rescued 13 new succulents at work recently. None had IDs. I've managed to ID several on my own, but there's a few in the pics I would like help IDing. Some of these are in poor shape and were going to get tossed out, so of course I had to rescue them. >:) I took leaf cuttings to propagate some of them.

I believe this one is Echeveria 'purpusorum'? It looks like it, but I've heard they are miniatures. This one is about 3.5" across.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Obviously a variegated aeonium, but which one? I don't think it's 'kiwi' because the striping and leaf shape are different. I have 3 of these.

The 2 echeverias below are kinda generic looking, but I'm curious to see if anyone knows what they are.

And here's 2 more...

This wavy one looks the same as the one in the above pic. It has red tips. Unfortunately, it's probably diseased since it has black spots on the stem and leaves, but luckily the other one doesn't. I'm hoping it flowers, but I'll probably lose it.

Thanks for any help with this.
Dana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help ID aeonium and echeverias

The first is indeed purpusorum. The last may be 'Blue Waves'. Be sure to give them as much light as possible, keep them dry through the winter, and if possible, cool temps help as well (as low as 40F is OK).

o
RE: Please help ID aeonium and echeverias

• Posted by danany z6 Astoria, NY (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 22, 06 at 19:23

For some reason, it didn't notify me that I had a response.

Thanks for confirming the purpusorum. It's one of my favorites. Some pics of Blue Waves look more ruffled and crinkly on the ends, but it could be that one. Still no clue about the rest.

The one with the flower stalk is still hanging in there, but one of the aeoniums is about to bite the dust (the other 2 are ok).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here