Epiphyllum Ids Req'd

Posted by Matthew1381 WA Aust (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 20, 05 at 23:20

Hello,
Would be good if someone could identify these for me. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Epiphyllum Ids Req'd

A guess: 'ackermanii' and 'Deutsche kaiserin'.

Pieter

o

Top one looks like Nopalxochia (now disocactus) ackermannii, and the second like Nopal. phyllanthoides.
Nice flowers there Matthew.

CP

o

Hmmm you might be correct with the ackermannii species. My first idea was the cultivar with that name but the species is probably a better guess when I watch that stem piece. A photo of the whole plant would help a lot here. And as Deutsche kaiserin is a selected clone from N. phyllanthoides we do agree on this one.
Pieter

o

Dear Pieter / CP

Many thanks for the identification. Have seen images of Deutsche Kaiserin and thats absolutely correct as the one I have.

Re ackermannii - herewith a photo of the same plant taken last year showing bit more of the plant

By the way many thanks CP ! for tip regarding text editing !

Rgds
Matthew

o

The stem details are not too clear, but I tend to agree with CP on the botanical ackermanii. The cultivar ackermanii has mainly triangular stems with thin spines, this doesn't seem to be the case with your plant.
Pieter

o

It's a pleasure Matthew, glad to be able to help a fellow prickly person.

CP

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here