Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jamesicus

Text wrapping around multiple images

jamesicus
18 years ago

{{gwi:484030}} Of course, a really neat way to use images in postings is to align them left and wrap the text around them as I am doing here. The thumbnail can be presented without a border as has been done here for this photograph of Discocactus subvridigriseus. The full size image can still be displayed via clicking.

{{gwi:484032}} The virtue of text wrapping around images is that detailed descriptions and information relating to them can be included. Plant pictured here is Discocactus crystallophilus

{{gwi:484034}} Of course, all this is only really necessary when a considerable amount of text, data, or descriptive information is needed to accompany multiple images. Plant pictured here is Discocactus insignis.

Comments (4)

• jamesicus
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sorry everyone, I should have quit before I got so tired -- I didn't space the second image correctly -- please ignore.

James

• shrubs_n_bulbs
    18 years ago

{{gwi:484030}}â
    âââI think James is aiming for something like this. An advantage (and a disadvantage) and this form of layout is that it rearranges itself to fit within the confines of each particular browser window. Of course, a really neat way to use images in postings is to align them left and wrap the text around them as I am doing here. The thumbnail can be presented without a border as has been done here for this photograph of Discocactus subvridigriseus. The full size image can still be displayed via clicking. One of the problems with composing nice HTML in a Gardenweb post is that each GW page is composed within a table so even the best HTML cannot arrange itself correctly.

{{gwi:484032}}The virtue of text wrapping around images is that detailed descriptions and information relating to them can be included. Plant pictured here is Discocactus crystallophilus. Even more frustrating is that the table width for the preview page is different from the table width for the page when you finally read the message, so everything gets mangled. This is the sort of dumb thing that a lot of web-generation software does, and it is one of the reasons that people do still write HTML by hand. Of course, anyone producing a commercial website should be using stylesheets anyway ... fingers crossed that this all works within the confines of GW.

{{gwi:484034}}
    Of course, all this is only really necessary when a considerable amount
    of text, data, or descriptive information is needed to accompany
    multiple images. Plant pictured here is Discocactus insignis

• jamesicus
    Original Author
    18 years ago

S&B wrote:

This is the sort of dumb thing that a lot of web-generation software does, and it is one of the reasons that people do still write HTML by hand. Of course, anyone producing a commercial website should be using stylesheets anyway ...

Quite right. I employ fully Validated HTML Markup, validated external stylesheets and table-less layout on my Home page .....

http://jp29.org/

..... and all my Web pages.

• tequila
    18 years ago

You are going too deep in this. I only need the copy and paste to be happy.
    Alfonso

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus