Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cacti Seedlings ~10 weeks old

Posted by Swiss_1 z8 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 5, 05 at 4:39

They are not much to look at yet but I thought I would share my pictures!

Swiss

Here is a link that might be useful: Seedlings

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cacti Seedlings ~10 weeks old

Makes me want to start mine as well now. But I'm still waiting the new Khres catalog :-)
Pieter

o

I should have said that they are actually mixed C&S. So I have no idea what I am growing!

I will increase my stock by about 800% as I currently have only two cacti and one succulent!!

I am also growing a pot of Mamms, but the germination rate of them has been much lower.

o

• Posted by VvDO z6 NY (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 6, 05 at 18:15

Give the mamms time and moisture, I'm sure more will come up... I waited almost 3 months for some to germinate

o

Interesting. I found Mammillaria germinate quickly, most species anyway. Do you have them under plastic to keep the humidity up? They will germinate better in 100% humidity and can thrive like that for months if you start with very clean conditions.

o

Swiss, Next spring go to http://www.mesagarden.com and order some named seeds. He (Steven Brack) has a fantastic selection and good prices, also on the webpage he has some propagation tips. I try and start 72-144 different species at least twice a year and have fun doing it. Starting C&S form seed is most of the fun of having these wonderful plants :-) Nice looking plants you have.
Dan

Here is a link that might be useful: Some of my seedlings

o

Thanks guys.

I have them under a plastic 'tent' to keep the humidity up. I have been watering from below, should I be misting them?

I went for a mixed bag as I thought it would be fun to identify them, but then I started looking at this forum and realised that it will not be an easy task!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here