Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Notocactus mairiana

Posted by michelle_h Qld Australia (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 24, 05 at 6:26

Hi all

It's always nice to see the orange flowers on this Notocactus which flowers for most of the year.

I know I'm a bit slow but I have finally worked out how to insert the photos into the post.

Michelle

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Notocactus mairiana

As bright as the sun....thanks for showing.

Dawn

o

I love the Notos, especially the orange ones! Don't feel bad Michelle. It took me FOREVER to figure out how to insert pics too!! :-)
Bill in SC

o

Hello Michelle, I had this plant as Parodia mairanana, now considered to be synonymous with P. comarapana, I've never seen it under the genus Notocactus before, (all Notocacti are now included under the genus Parodia now). The flower is quite stunning, and is captured very nicely by your lens.

Cheers, CP

o

Hi all

Thank you once again for your kind words.

CP - I thought the spelling I had looked a bit strange, I should of pulled my book out of the cupboard to check.

Michelle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here