Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deefar

Aloe Plants

deefar
18 years ago

Aloe broomii. This is perhaps one of my favorites when it comes to aloes. You just gotta love those mean teeth.

{{gwi:484840}}

Aloe dichotoma

{{gwi:484842}}

Thanks,

Dawn

Comments (15)

• Denise
    18 years ago

Nice Aloes, Dawn! I can't resist the small ones myself. Here are a couple of my favorites:

A. jucunda
    {{gwi:484844}}

I especially love the color of it's flowers...
    {{gwi:484846}}

And A. karasbergensis, a little beauty...
    {{gwi:484847}}

Maybe we could inspire some more great Aloe pics?

Denise in Omaha

• ooojen
    18 years ago

Nice plants, ladies! Dawn- the leaves on your broomii are a lot wider at the bases than my b's are. I like the look!

• paracelsus
    18 years ago

Very nice plants ladies! Here are a few of my favorite aloes.

Aloes nobilis and varigata: {{gwi:484834}}

Aloes spinosissima and polyphylla: {{gwi:484836}}

Aloe polyphylla and friends: {{gwi:484838}}

• deefar
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Paracelsus, I love your aloes. They are so healthy looking.

Jen, I like the wider leaves so when I saw this it became a 'must have' for me.

Denise, Nice, especially your A. karasbergensis. How cute is that.

Thanks for sharing,
    Dawn

• pirate_girl
    18 years ago

I've never seen A. karaberghensis before, those markings are just charming, makes me want to say "I want one too'.

Lovely plants eveybody, nice pix too, thanks for posting 'em.

• Lynn
    18 years ago

My favorite at the moment is Partridge Breast Aloe, A. variegata.
    {{gwi:484851}}

I don't have too many aloes but would like to collect alot more. I really like that A. karasbergensis Denise. And that Aloe polyphylla is gorgeous! Wow!

WindsurfGirl

• BuckHemenway
    18 years ago

Here's my favorite aloe, hands down. Aloe globuligemma, absolutely fantastic blooms, every year in the dead of winter. Yes, they grow sideways, parallel to the ground.

So much my favorite that it has been the backgroud to my desktop for 3 years.

a. Globuligemma
    {{gwi:484852}}

A. globuligemma bloom
    {{gwi:484853}}

• sjv78736
    18 years ago

para - that a. polyphylla is stunning! that goes on the must have list for sure!
    all of the aloes here are outstanding. i am always amazed at the variety in succulents, in growth habit, coloration and texture. tropicals can seem so bland in comparison, relying on bloom color for their variety. JMO :-)

• deefar
    Original Author
    18 years ago

sjv, the flowers on that aloe are oustanding. That is definately a keepper.

windsurfgirl, thats a nice healthy aloe you have there.

Dawn

• ooojen
    18 years ago

A. globuligemma is a new one to me. What a great-looking inflorescence!

• sjv78736
    18 years ago

dawn - the plant belongs to buck - but i agree, the flowers are outstanding!

• deefar
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sorry about that Buck and sjv. I haven't a clue as to how I managed that. Buck, The flowers on that aloe is just magnificent. How long have you had that beauty?

Dawn

• Ohio_Green_Thumb
    18 years ago

Great pics everyone! I also think the flowers of the Aloe globuligemma are spectacular! Here's a few of mine. I've got several that are new and not photographed yet, but that will be done in the spring.

Dawn, your A. broomii might be var. tarkaensis. Its leaves are broader than mine, which is the common variety.

Amy

Aloe broomii

{{gwi:484854}}

Aloe claviflora

{{gwi:484855}}

A group of youngsters all together. When they get bigger, I'll give them a pot of their own.

{{gwi:484856}}

• Ohio_Green_Thumb
    18 years ago

Oops! I forgot to post a pic of my favorite, which is Aloe karasbergensis. The stunning beauty of mature specimens is really something to look forward to when raising one of these babies!

Amy

{{gwi:484857}}

• buckhem
    18 years ago

The Aloe globuligemma pictured are at the Jurupa Mountains Cultural Center in Riverside, CA. They have a large (6-acres or so) garden of succulent plants, divided mainly into a wonderful planting of African plants (mainly aloes) and Amercian plants (mainly Baja).

The main gardens were planted in the late 1960's and early 70's with collected plants. The A. globuligemma is part of that garden. Seedlings from that plant will be available in their nursery by summer 2006.

Their web site is www.jmcc.us, I worked there for 5 years.

Buck

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022