Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Detail of a small one

Posted by Ohio_Green_Thumb Zone 5b NW Ohio (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 19, 05 at 10:04

This is my Conophytum verrucosum. It has shown signs that its root system is settling in since I got it 2 weeks ago. It's plumped up nicely and its color has improved.

The spotting on the edges of the leaf windows is very attractive up close. I'm quite fond of this one already for its unusual coloring and small size. It's in a 1" pot.

Amy

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Detail of a small one

Very nice, Amy! I love seeing the DNA! :P

~Rosemarie

o

W-O-W!

Amy, that is ever so good.

I might have asked this question before - Do you use any additional light source?

I'm messin' around with extra light but without much success.

Please keep on posting these beauties.

Al

o

Nice pics of a sweet plant. Thank you -

ToddO

o

Excellent closeup! Now you know why it has that name :)

o

LOL Rosemarie, you crack me up! I got a good chuckle from your comment, thanks.

Al, the only light source for this little one is the south facing windowsill it currently resides on next to several other pots all lined up as tightly as I can get them. It seems to be satisfied with that amount of light. If I had to guess, I'd say it receives roughly 8 hours of bright sun each day (when it's not cloudy). I'm anxious to see how the color changes when it goes outside in the spring. Hopefully it'll decide to divide also.

Thanks for the nice comments all. I do enjoy watching my Mesembs and observing the subtle changes they go through as time goes by. They truly are an interesting group.

Amy

o

Wow, impressive pics!!

Dawn

o

Wonderful shots (I'm enjoying all your pictures)! I love the look of the light shining through the plant's own "windows".

o

Absolutely magic shots of that lovely little Cono, thanks Amy.

CP

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here