Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ooojen

Hey Conophytums....Do you know what time it is?

ooojen
18 years ago

Both Conos and Lithops seem to operate on their own calendars around here.

Here are two bilobed Conophytes. The one on the left doesn't have its typical form just now as the little heads are all brand new. When mature, they make a mini version of the C. bilobum on the right. Thanks go to Calla Lady who picked up the C. bilobum for me at a sale out her way. That plant bloomed this summer, months ahead of it's little cohort, and you can see a seed capsule ripening in the head facing the camera. (It sort of appears as though one of the heads to the right is putting out new growth, but it's not; it's just camera angle on it & the head behind it.) --no new vegetative growth on this one for me yet.

The plant on the left has been around here a few years. I'm not sure whether it's another form of bilobum or a different species (if anyone here knows, I'd appreciate their sharing the info!) It's starting to pop out some flowers immediately on the heels of forming new leaves. The head on the far left still has its old leaf pr. as well as a bud. The one next to it is just starting to split.

Image link:

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022