Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red of Hue is the Aloe of Bullock

Posted by Jeffrey_harris San Diego, CA (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 26, 05 at 12:56

This is Aloe tauri, going into flower for the first time.

Normally a dusky red, the combination of the camera flash and wet leaves gives it a look that it doesn't deserve - it's not one of those gaudy, painted Aloes, no sir, not at all. We don't have that sort of thing in this country.

Still, better red than dead....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red of Hue is the Aloe of Bullock

Beautiful Jeffrey,
I have some seedlings of some Aloe that are supposed to be on the red side. I hope they grow true to form.
Dan

o
Red of Hue is the Aloe of Bullock-overall thumb

Here's a thumbnail of an overall pic - it's truer to the actual color, but still doesn't quite capture the essence of red bull that partially defines this lovely.

o

• Posted by rpw53 z9 LA gulfcoast (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 26, 05 at 16:25

WOW!

o

That is a beauty. Someday I will be fortunate enough to own one. Until then, I will have to drool over yours.

Dawn

o

Yep, that's a real beauty! On seeing it, my eyeballs must've popped out a bit, because my contact instantly dislodged (it really did!)

o

Beautiful Jeffrey, Love the colour, it's quite stunning.

CP

o

Just beautiful Jeff! I've been tempted so many times to get one of these, but without a greenhouse I wouldn't have the room it deserves. Truly beautiful, thanks for sharing.
Amy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here