Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pinkie for Alex

Posted by ariole z7DE (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 19, 05 at 13:24

Alex, I am "tickled pink" with my little 'plumosas'

One plant, the larger, has a very nice pink stripe. The other one is a bit slower, just showing buds way down deep. Those buds seem very deep pink to me. I'm ever so eager.....

Al

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pinkie for Alex

• Posted by tequila 26N 97.5W Z 9b (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 19, 05 at 13:43

I am going to check my plumosas for any buds
Alfonso

o

Very nice indeed Al. Is it normal for you to have mam's flowering at this time of the year?
Dan

o

Al,
Very nice, mine are all but finished blooming, but are white with just a tinge of yellow in the flowers. Have you tried pollinating them?
Dan

o

Very nice - Mine has shot out about 5 flowers even though I dropped it a couple of weeks ago(oops) and flattened a side of it. It still has a few more coming as well. I took this pic this morning.

Cheers,

ToddO.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

Dan, a few Mamms flower normally in winter although that might mean autumn buds and spring flowers for use northerners. Check out the M. hahniana pics too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mammillaria hahniana flowers

o

Very nice plumosas, Todd & Al! Mine is fast asleep in the basement right now. Hopefully I'll see it flower in spring.

Here's a shot of it in June this year.

Amy

o

Hey, I just checked mine and it has buds on it! So I guess it won't wait till spring after all!
Amy

o

Very nice Al!!! So glad to see them flowering :-) Mine are just in the bud stage.

Alex

o

Alex,

You should also recognize this beauty!

Thanks again.

Jordi

o

WOW! That's magic Jordi :-)

Alex

o

Those pink flowers are a lovely shade, I have two plumosa's but flowers are not as dark, one is quite pale pink, other is very pale yellowish. Sorry, can't find my pics of them in flower at the moment.

CP

o

My M. plumosa wanted to contribute to the photos here. It sure looks cute blooming on the dining room table!
Amy

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

o

Amy,
I'd keep an eye on it this winter. My M. plumosas are just finishing up and M. elongata is starting to bud - downstairs under lights where all the other cactus are fast asleep.
Dan

o

I think this clone has a flower with more pink. A visiting friend with no strong love for cactus asked when I thought there might be a red flowered form. I replied probably long before there will be a blue one. I was then reminded of the two old Wittia that took up way too much space for way too many years in my old g/h because I clamed the flowers were blue. (Close, perhaps but no cigar.)

Al

o

And I forgot to include the picture.

o

Those are superb macros,i love the plumes!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here