Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
And a few more Euphorbias ---

Posted by ariole z7DE (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 12, 05 at 13:24

One of the great features of these particular plants - they don't seem to demand a lot of direct winter sunlight. I have some of those nooks and crannies in the winter g/h.

(I'm growing more confident trying to post three thumbs in a row. Next thing I will try is bold or even colored type. Maybe not this month :-))

Al

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: And a few more Euphorbias ---

Really neat Euphorbs, Al...this post and your other! Some I'd never seen! :)
I recently noticed flowers for the first time on my pathetic looking plant (just hanging on). Trying to capture it in focus (cyathia?) is another story with my camera! Here's my Euphorbia decaryi v. spirosticha

~Rosemarie

o

That would be them, Rosemarie. I'm glad you have your finger in there for scale. And what color would you call them? Thanks for posting.

Al

o
~RE: And a few more Euphorbias ---

Ha ha, Al...I always get my finger in on those dinky things (for scale)...sometimes dirty fingernails, but that's a gardener for ya! Color? Hmmm...manila? Flesh? (some peoples', anyway) Peachy yellow?

Thanks for posting YOURS, Al! I love to see your specimens!!!

~R

o

Beauties Al, I purchased a couple of forms of that Euph. decaryi a little while back but yous is a monter in comparison to my little fellow. What is the species in that last pic?

o

CP, its always nice when someone asks the name of a plant that has a label. :-)

That one is going with the name 'Euphorbia cylindrifolia var. tuberifera'.

Thanks for the nice complements.

Al

o

Thanks and cheers mate! CP

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here