Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
another id please...

Posted by kjtessanne 8 Bryan, TX (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 10, 05 at 13:46

Sorry to be a burden here...it seems i end up saving up pics until I get around to downloading them to the computer and as a result I post a bunch at once. This is another rescue cactus I was wondering if anyone had a clue on an id.

Thanks, Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: noid

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: another id please...

hmm, a thelocactus?

o

• Posted by tequila 26N 97.5W Z 9b (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 10, 05 at 14:22

Echinocereus reichenbachii style
Alfonso

o

That is a echinocereus, possibly a reichenbachii v. perbellus or a viridflorus. If you could show a side view of the plant that maybe more helpful. Nice plant btw.

Dawn

o
side view

Thanks guys, I think you are right. Here is a side view if that will help.

Thanks, Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: side view

o

I have E. viridiflorus but it never struck me as being the same plant. So I've looked it up and I think this one has too many spines and possibly too short.

The number of spines and ribs is appropriate to E. reichenbachii but I haven't got one to compare.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here