Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
echeveria?

Posted by kjtessanne 8 Bryan, TX (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 10, 05 at 13:48

I wasn't sure if this was an ech or another succulent. Whatever it is, I thought it was cute enough to take home! I love the pink coloring.

Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: succulent

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: echeveria?

Actually it looks like a Sempervivum with those serrated leaf edges.

o

Hmmm....yes the leaf edges made me wonder too. However, this guy has a stalk and I have never seen semps with a stalk...they always seem to stay low to the ground. Not sure though...

Kim

o

It looks more like an Aeonium to me.

o

I agree the Aeonium idea because of the leaf edges. That is characteristic of many Aeoniums but not Echeveria. The plant is young and hard to identify correctly, but the deep coloring makes me think of A. aboreum 'atropurpurea' or a related hybrid. It will grow fast and large given enough light.

o

I say Aeonium too, but which one I can't guess. ~ Amy

o

I think Aeonium decorum or Aeonium percarneum (a variegate of one).

~Rosemarie

o

Thanks everyone. The decorum looks pretty close. Maybe it just needs to grow a bit. I'll give it a tentative label.

Thanks, Kim

o

what a little lovely!

o

I too was gonna say Aeonium, even before I saw anyone's comments. I thought it from the toothy leaf edges, but also the form of the rosette. Don't know the name, but I have a couple that look like this, don't have great IDs for them, but it's beeen suggested mine are either A. Kiwi or A. Sunset. Mine grow year round (in NYC apmt, western exposure), sturdy & unfussy plant.

Am wondering if your wants to be a variegate, or if the center is lighter color 'cause it's new growth.

There's something abt the form of Aeoniums rosettes that I just love, absolutely adore them.

Yours is lovely & looks healthy & happy -- enjoy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here