Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Copiapoa hypogea

Posted by Steve_nz (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 29, 05 at 14:15

A great display but I don't think the plant is labelled correctly from when I bought it.

Here is a link that might be useful: pic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Copiapoa hypogea

Ooo, jpeg quality too low :(

It might be C. hypogaea, although it looks very spiny. Have you got a shot of the body and a clearer one of the flowers?

o

Hi,
Nice clump of Neoporteria ;-)
Pieter

o

C. hypogaea has yellow flowers, I think Pieter is right , it's a Neoporteria (Neochilenia), now Eriosyce, The flowers on these are beautiful, Maybe at some stage we can see a pic of the body as well.

Cheers Steve, CP

o

Thanks for that. I thought it looked nothing like the label but was too lazy to delve further. Will post a pic in the near future. A better pic of the flowers will be available next week when I replace the pic with a smaller one but of better resolution. I will also buy a camera tripod shortly to improve the quality of my closeups.

o
RE: Copiapoa hypogea 1

Here is a view of the body of the plant if anyone can ID it from this. The original pic of the flowers has also been replaced with one of better resolution.

Here is a link that might be useful: pic

o

Not Copiapoa hypogaea.

How about Eriosyce heinrichiana? I'm thinking in particular of the plant that was called Neoporteria chorosensis.

o

Lovely subtle colour!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here