Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
steve_nz

ID Gymno anyone?

steve_nz
18 years ago

This gives a view of the body as well as the flower.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:486701}}

Comments (16)

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

Steve, how are you taking the pics?
    I see they are very big yet low resolution. Is it a webcam your using?

• steve_nz
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yeah, you're right now that I look closer. Just got a camera recently so I'll look at increasing the resolution. It maybe that I'm compressing the files for posting on the web and keeping the size of pic the same. I'll try it the other way round next time I take pics ie decrease the size but no compression.
    Thanks,
    Steve

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

It seems they have only 16 colours, and yet its file size is huge!(2272 x1704 pixels-filesize 11 MB!)

Ive resized it for you and saved as jpeg rather than bitmap.

{{gwi:486697}}

• cactuspolecat
    18 years ago

I really haven't got any idea about the ID Steve. I thought maybe a form of gibbosum?... but I may be wide of the mark.

CP

• steve_nz
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I dunno about how you're viewing the pic Larry but it is a jpg about 800x600, 106kb size and certainly more than 16 colours!
    In fact, your resizing has produced a slightly larger file. The colours in your resized pic are no different from in my original, certainly you cannot regenerate colours again if you only start with 16 colours. I suspect the problem (of the large file and pixel size)may be at your end if you think it is a bmp and 11Mb in size. I can assure you that the file is a small jpg as stated above. I will stop posting pics until I can alter the original files to resize them but without compression and replace them on my site.
    Thanks for bringing the resolution problem to my attention.

• shrubs_n_bulbs
    18 years ago

Steve, its actually 2272x1704 pixels, your software may be auto-resizing to your screen and pretending to be 800x600. 800x600 would be a good size, maybe a little large for some people.

Larry, I think you are saving the file as a bmp, maybe as a windows background, but it is actually a large low quality jpeg.

• steve_nz
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yeah, Firefox does that for you. Opening it in PSP shows the true size of it. I think IE later version also do a resize automatically. Will bear it in mind when I next resize new pics.

• shrubs_n_bulbs
    18 years ago

Steve, you can toggle to the true size in Firefox. Mouse over the pic and you should be see a little magnifying glass. Click. Voila, huge!

Right-clicking on the screen-sized image tells you it is, for example, 800x600 pixels instead of the size it really is. That's a Firefox bug, marked as an enhacement request, although I'm trying to get someone to take it seriously.

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

Steve, if I do a Properties check on your original pic I get this:

{{gwi:486699}}

• steve_nz
    Original Author
    18 years ago

The original pic has now been resized to 800x600 without loss of resolution owing to jpg compression.

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

still looks a whoppper to me

• steve_nz
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Did you try a refresh? Your browser may be loading an older cached version of the pic, instead of the new one. I can assure you it is 800x600 size,124kb.

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

Yep. refrshed, still big(tho your other post is a good size and res)

I wonder if I paste the url here from the original pic it will appear normal size

{{gwi:486701}}

Nope, still big!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:486701}}

• steve_nz
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well I'm still only seeing a pic which fills the screen but no more, not a huge pic like it was originally before resizing. I've opened the pic in a graphics package, normal size and it still is 800x600 size. What size are you seeing it at?

• shrubs_n_bulbs
    18 years ago

Looks fine to me, 800x600 now. Larry must be getting a cached image from somewhere, maybe his ISP is caching it to be helpful :)

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

Now the pic I posted is showing as normal size-bizarre!

Sponsored