Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cactuspolecat

Uebelmannianus... werneri... call it what you will!

cactuspolecat
18 years ago

Here it is strutting its stuff with its first flower for the season.

Parodia werneri.
{{gwi:487129}}{{gwi:487130}}

Cheers, CP

Comments (10)

• hablu
    18 years ago

Parodia! and a beauty! greetz hablu

• ariole
    18 years ago

I agree with hablu, a beauty. I saw this plant at the local Home Depot about 10 days ago and passed it by. I thought I had one. When I saw your post I first scooted to the g/h to check and when it was not to be found I broke the speed limit returning to H/D. He who hesitates is disappointed. I'm now on the lookout for one.

Al

• billinsc
    18 years ago

I bought 4 this summer, but none bloomed for me this year.. Maybe next!!
    Bill in SC
    BTW A1: I saw one at Walmart yesterday.. I could pick it up for you if you wish...

• ariole
    18 years ago

Bill, finding one at Walmart about the same time I saw one at H/D doesn't surprise me. I suspect that they often get them from the same suppliers. I thank you for the offer. From here on, part of the fun is finding these gems by going out and searching. I'm pretty much limited to Walmart, Home Depot and Lowes unless I go very far from home. Unfortunately people who live near me are not big cactus buyers. Most of the stock in my local spots rots, etoliates beyond recognition or dries up. It is so sad. I live in the fear that they will cease sending plants to my locality. And I am not expecting any new restocking until after Christmas.

I have a lot of variety in my collection. But If I were starting from scratch I think I could get the nucleus of a right nice collection in no time flat, just from these kinds of stores. And at not much more than a dollar each.

Thanks loads for the kind offer but I'll just keep searching and when I hit pay dirt you all will hear about it.

Al

• billinsc
    18 years ago

Miles has them too A1.. I got one of mine from him...
    Bill in SC

• Ohio_Green_Thumb
    18 years ago

Very nice CP! I am anxious to see mine bloom next spring.
    Amy

• jeffrey_harris
    18 years ago

CP,

Yep, that's a nice Noto you have there, mate.

Saw a special on Tasmanian devils the other night and made me think that that's what I need to keep the possums around here from knocking over plants.

• cactuspolecat
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks folks, this one has always been my favourite Noto.

Al, I have a similar problem here in Tas, the garden "experts" down here that work in the very few stores here in Tas, don't have a clue about the needs of these plants... and what's more they don't like getting advice! I often get strange looks (as though I just alighted my UFO from pluto)... as they continue to water their already soggy plants for fifth time this week!
    It serves to confirm to me the meaning of the word expert...
    ex = unknown quantity, and spurt = drip under pressure! :)

Hey, Jeff the devils'd keep the possums at bay okay, but knock over all of you plants anyway in the process! LOL

• deefar
    18 years ago

If I every get the chance to visit Australia I would love to see your GH...how beautiful that would be.

Dawn

• rjm710
    18 years ago

I love the intensity of color on this one! Al, not to worry, you WILL see this one at an HD near you soon enough, but I've noticed lately that shipments of new plants are sparse. Perhaps they'll get in some more after the holiday rush. Let me know if you'd like one of mine, as I'm trying to squeeze everything in my house at the moment. BTW, I've obtained a nice little collection using the boxstores, as you've mentioned. Viewing these forums has helped to teach me with what to look for!

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022