Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meloman_gw

Cactus Show

meloman
18 years ago

There was a c&s show and contest in Bangkok, Thailand last week organized by the Home&Garden (baan lae suan)magazine. Some of the picture from the show can be seen in the Thai c&s webborad which you can follow the links below:

Here is a link that might be useful: Bangkok c&s show

Comments (29)

• shrubs_n_bulbs
    18 years ago

Absolutely stunning plants!

• meloman
    Original Author
    18 years ago

here's another link for succulents

Here is a link that might be useful: more pics

• meloman
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Although I wasn't able to attend, it is god to see that there are more people new and old interested in putting plants for display in the contest, so I think c&s group in Thailand is growing again, after the collapse of the Thai c&s society some years ago due to asian economic crisis.

enjoy :) Pijaya

Here is a link that might be useful: and more

• ariole
    18 years ago

I lack adequate words. I am very fond of Astrophytums and Ariocarpus. I've never seen such beauties.

Many, many thanks for sharing these pictures.

Al

• wslesan
    18 years ago

Tops anything I've ever seen - I'll be saving these pics for future browsing. Thanks Meloman.

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

Thanks for the links to the pix of great plants, Pijaya! Those are some beauties!

~Rosemarie

• deefar
    18 years ago

Every one of those plants are stunning. I would love to attend a show like that. Thanks for sharing.

Dawn

• billinsc
    18 years ago

I can't access the page! :-( I keep getting: Page cannot be found
    The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
    Wish I could view it with the raving going on about it and all. It must be spectacular!!
    Bill in SC

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

Bill, it could be they are getting too many hits all at once & can't handle it. The 3rd link ("and more") still works for me. That is a different site, but shows some of the same plants as the other 2 links).

~R

• billinsc
    18 years ago

Yes, that link worked!! Amazing!! Now if I could just read a word of it!! :-)
    Bill in SC

• deefar
    18 years ago

Gee, I thought it was just me who was having trouble making out the words. LOL.

Dawn

• cactus_kate
    18 years ago

Thanks, Pijaya!

I loved checking out the plants, and I wish there was another way to view the first 2 links! I am getting the same message that Bill got. I have a feeling that that's where all the photos of the 1st place winners are, since all the plants in that 3rd post only had 2nd & 3rd place ribbons. They were all so beautiful, though!

Kate

• meloman
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Glad you all enjoy these pics as I do and I wish I could attend this show! ... maybe next year:) . I think Rosemarie was right that the site might get too many hits today as sometimes this happens but I just checked again and it should works fine now. enjoy

Pijaya

• meloman
    Original Author
    18 years ago

lets see... it doesn't work again right after I posted the previous post. I guess lets wait tomorrow see if it will work again. Thats really strange!

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

When I click on either of the 1st 2 links this morning, it has a black screen with the words "This site has been hacked by TummY". Maybe a no go now. :(

(It also lists this url now: http://203.151.217.156/ if that means anything to anyone.)

• biwako_of_abi
    18 years ago

Well, I'm glad I got to the third link before "Tummy." The plants are gorgeous! Thanks, Pijaya.

• sjv78736
    18 years ago

all of the links worked for me. wow! what incredible plants!
    can someone id this one?

{{gwi:487243}}

• cactus_kate
    18 years ago

This is what I get today:

Error : Can not connect to database server ¡ÃóÃÃëá¤ÃÃèáÃéÃÃç à ÃÃáãªé§Ã¹Ãá¤ÃÃ駤Ãú

I really wish TummY didn't get to it...what does a hacker want with a bunch of succulent photos?!

Kate

• mrbrownthumb
    18 years ago

Just thought I would point something out I noticed.

If you look under neath the images in the third link, it seems the person who uploaded them has a blog with plant pics of his or her own.

Also below I think a couple of the replies to the images also have blogs and more plants.

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

The 1st two links are working again. They must've gotten unhacked! :P

~R

• emyemy
    18 years ago

Meloman,

When do I stop drooling? What a fantastic group of plants and what a wonderful experience it must have been to be there! Thanks for sharing.

Emy

• joevargo
    18 years ago

Hi guys and gals i dont seem to be having any trouble looking at all the pics.

• meloman
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sorry for your inconvenience for those who couldn't view it. They said they are having some hardware problem so they are getting it fixed. They said the "Tummy" hacker is just a joke put out by the system admin!!

sjv78736: I think that picture is a Zamia species, not sure which species and it is in the caudiciform section of the show

Pijaya

• cactus_kate
    18 years ago

Hi again. I finally got to see all those wonderful plants! Pijaya, thanks for posting those links! I do have a question, though, for anyone who knows:

Can anyone tell me what the plant is in post #31 on the second link, page 4? It's the one with the giant caudex that looks like bread dough, with just a few vines poking out of it. It has an ID stick, but I can't quite make out what it says. This is a GORGEOUS plant! I NEED to know what it is!!! : ) Thanks for any help!

Kate

• astrophytumfreak
    18 years ago

Hi Pijaya,
    Thanks for posting those great links. I haven't been able to open them before today. The pics was well worth waiting for though. Very nice!
    Dan

• earline_pa zone 6 Pa.
    18 years ago

Kate
    I tried to decipher the tag on that plant and all I could come up with was Haplionacme ;)))but I found it!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Raphionacme

• joevargo
    18 years ago

Does anyone know how to obtain plants from there, im really interested in those variegated astrophytums.

• paracelsus
    18 years ago

Pijaya, thank-you very much for sharing those photos. There were Lots of absolutely extraordinary plants shown. I notice there is less attention paid to staging the plants compared to the California shows I have seen. The plants have to show well without props and they sure do. There is obviously a thriving C&S community in Bangkok. Thanks again, I enjoyed my romp through the show.

Para

• cactus_kate
    18 years ago

Earline...Thank you so much for that plant name! Now...where do I get one?! : )

Kate