Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Needs an ID please

Posted by WindsurfGirl z6 OK (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 20, 05 at 17:22

I aquired this in a recent trade. It was gowing in her flower beds in CA. Any ideas what it is? The stems were a little longer but I potted them up shorter.

Thanks for your help.
WindsurfGirl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Needs an ID please

Well, we know this is an Echeveria, but which?! How large are the rosettes? Is it a green blue as I see in the pic or more of a grey to you?

Niel, are you out there & do you recognize this one?

~Rosemarie

o

That pic is mostly true to color. It is green blue like you see. The rosette is about three inches across.

I'll take to looking at Echeveria pictures, but that takes forever with my dial up..... :(

WindsurfGirl

o

We're calling it E. imbricata. Nice plant, will form a large clump in a protected garden.

o

That is an attractive Echeveria WindsurfGirl, until now I didn't know it's name either, (thanks BH) we see it a lot in gardens down here along with E. elegans and several other of the more common Echs.

CP

o

Really nice Ech there, WindsurfGirl! If you've got some time to kill and want to see some very pretty Echs, check out the link below.
Amy

Here is a link that might be useful: Echeverias in Australia

o

Thanks for the ID BH.
Too bad this one is not hardy in my zone...
It will have to spend winters in a pot in the greenhouse.
Thanks for the link Amy, I'll go check that out.

WindsurfGirl

o

The color is really nice, and reminds me of E. subsessilis (which is similar to peacockii).

o

Reminds me of Ech. elegans, w/ such a perfectly formed & pointed-tip rosette. I see it here in NYC from time to time, so pretty!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here