Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spots/rings/discoloration on euphorbia lactea crest

Posted by xtra_schneider none (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 21, 11 at 18:09

hello there--i really hope someone can help me! the crest on my Euphorbia lactea has developed these strange, ugly spots. i've posted a picture in the cacti photo gallery. as you can see some spots are rings, some are more amorphous, and some are this yellowish discolouration. and now get this---this is only on *one* side of the crest. i've included a picture of the other side- you can see--no spots! (at least the last i looked! ugh!) since i've noticed the spots etc. they seem to be worsening rapidly. here's some background--i'm in SanFrancisco bay area, sunset zone 17. euphorb was outside--it's been damp and chilly lately--and got rained on. i have since brought it in but i'm concerned a warmer environment could hasten the malady, if it's a fungus or bacteria. someone please help!! i only got this plant a month ago! is there anything i can do to at least save part of the plant, if not to help it fully recover? thanks!

Image link: spots/rings/discoloration on euphorbia lactea crest (59 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spots/rings/discoloration on euphorbia lactea crest

Can you give us a series of shots of the problem? Just the one doesn't give me the sense of scale I need, but that looks like rot and needs to be excised ASAP.

o

What happened to it? did it survive?....

o

Help! I'm new to this gardening thing, and was so excited when I got this a few weeks ago, but now it has these horrible brown spots with discolouration around them, and now I'm freaking out about the rot comment further up! Lol! Can this be fixed some how? Or is my little beauty headed for plant heaven :( ?

o

This is a slightly better pic (I think), oh and I forgot to mention it's only on one side of the plant, the other two are showing no signs of anything weird.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here