Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dick_c

Succulents ID?

dick_c
13 years ago

I would appreciate it if someone could identify these three plants. The garden shop did not supply names. They just called them "cactus".

Also, I noted that the "Cacti & Succulents" Discussion Forum has a number of posts with the photos displayed directly in the message. How did they do that?

I'm new here and didn't see how to post photos except in this Gallery forum, which displays the little camera icon.

Thanks for any help.

Dick

Image link:

Comments (5)

• pirate_girl
    13 years ago

Hi Dick,

These are strickly guesses, the 1st a Glotophyllum. The 2nd (hard to tell w/out seeing the whole plant, or at least the whole rosette) am guessing some Echeveria, the 3rd MAYBE some form of Crassula.

Yes, folks posted pix mostly here until it became pretty simple to post pix directly into regular discussion posts.

Using a free photohosting site like Flicker or Photobucket.com (which I'll site since I use & know it), first put your pix there.

Afterwards, cut & paste into here, the 3RD LINE OF CODE (which I'm told is HTML) into your post here (or whereever you're having the Discussion, say at C&S). When you do that, it'll look like gibberish but when Previewed, if done correctly will appear as your photo image. If not, try again.

Hope this helps, I'm around at C&S, Houseplants & Hoya Forums.

(Pirate Girl) Karen

• dick_c
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks very much,Karen.

It took a while, but I looked through a lot of online photos, and found some that looked very much like each of them:

1. Glottiphyllum
    2. Crassula. There really are a lot of very different looking ones. Here's a better photo of mine:
    {{gwi:488254}}

3.Another crassula. I found one called American Beauty that looked almost identical.

Thanks for the help on posting pictures. Looks like it worked.

Dick

• pirate_girl
    13 years ago

Hi again,

Glad to be of help w/ posting the pix, looks like it worked just fine, congrats on that.

That 2nd Plant (am guessing is) some form of Crested Echeveria (I think the was originally some kind of rosette) which has crested or gone monstrose, a mutation of sorts, lending to that very tight, squished-together looking growth in its center.

May I suggest you post pix of all 3 at Cactus & Succulents Discussion Forum & you can likely firm up those IDs.

Desert-tropicals.com

is also a good site for photos to help IDing plants, especially since it has separate section for Succulents as well as searches by Botanical Names as well as Common Names (tho' I haven't been there in a couple of yrs).

It's generally a friendly & very helpful bunch over at C&S Forum; I encourage you to bring your pix & questions over there too.

(PG) Karen

• dick_c
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks again for all your help, Karen.

Dick

• pirate_girl
    13 years ago

Anytime, glad it helped.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews