Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Can't forget Echinocereus stramineus
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Enjoy
Dawn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here's a few more

Dawn, you have a wonderful collection. The H. limifolia is a treasure.

Al

o

How funny Dawn. I just got a H. limifolia too! I am just smitten with it. I also got a perfect little H. turgida. No pics yet though.
Amy

o

Thanks Al. I have been wanting a H. limifolia like forever so when I saw it I had to have it. You know how it goes, see....want....have :)

Amy, Pictures...we need pictures!!

Dawn

o

Hi Dawn... I like these ones :), particularly the H. limifolia... one I've been chasing for ages... it's another one of my "used to be's".
I have a large three headed echinocereus stramineus, that's years old but has never flowered, I'm thinking that there's something about our Tassie climate that is not meeting it's needs or what. The plant is happy enough and has grown OK, and if/when it ever flowers I reckon you'll hear me celebrate no worries. :)

The heads on this one are approx. 6" tall
CP

o

CP, That is a impressive plant. Don't your other echinocereus bloom? I wonder why this one won't. You know what they say, There is always at least one stubborn one in a group. I'm sure if it every blooms, it will be a show stopper.

Dawn

o

Dawn, I usually don't have a problem getting them to bloom... only this one.

CP

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here