Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
steve_nz

Turbinocarpus kranzianus flower

steve_nz
18 years ago

Grown from seed.

Are other people getting the bloody annoying popup ad which obscures the forum until you either close it or it times off?

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (12)

• josiah_socal
    18 years ago

Beautiful photos Steve. The color of the blossoms give them a very eerie, glowing appearance!

No popus at all for me using Firefox.

• jadegarden
    18 years ago

Very nice, Steve.

Is that one plant, or a bunch grown together from seed? And how old?

Jan

• shrubs_n_bulbs
    18 years ago

That looks like one plant with offsets. Its always great to grow something like this from seed. I'm off to look at the klinker, one of my favourite turbs.

• cactusdan19
    18 years ago

Really cute Steve,
    I'd like to know too, is that one plant with pups or many grown together. Really nice.
    Dan

• steve_nz
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Just one plant with offsets. I'll have to look at the date of sowing when I get home in order to tell you the age.
    BTW, I'm also using FF browser with popups disabled. The ad I'm seeing is not in a popup box but in a circular frame. I also have flash disables so I don't know how to block the ad.

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

Fantastic cactus, and grown from seed too!

Are other people getting the bloody annoying popup ad which obscures the forum until you either close it or it times off?

you mean the I Village slide across asking for you to fill in a survey?

Gets on yer nerves, and Ive filled it in once thinking it would shut it up!

• steve_nz
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sown 2002.
    Yeah, that's the ad. They expect people to be interested in their product when they annoy the hell out of them? Counter productive I say.

• steve_nz
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Disabling java gets rid of the ad...

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

How'd you disable Java, and Macromedia?
    Theres one ad that has a bloke jumping up and down on the right hand side, really gets on my wick that one!

• shrubs_n_bulbs
    18 years ago

I find Firefox extensions very helpful. Click on Tools->Extensions and then Get More Extensions. I use Adblock and Remove It Permanently to avoid parts of websites that I'd rather not see. There are probably others that you might want to try.

To turn off Java, go to Tools->Options->Web Features and check the box. I leave java on because it does stuff on some websites that I need. Java can do a lot of annoying things, so can java script, and you don't even want to know what Macromedia can do from inside an applet ;)

P.S. j@v@script is apparently a banned word here, but I'm sure you get my meaning.

• steve_nz
    Original Author
    18 years ago

The macromedia is more difficult - I never loaded the plugin in the first place so I don't know whether you can disable it or not...
    Disabling java script may mean you can't enter sites such as the hotmail login. For me, it is not a problem. I use IE for this purpose with the java enabled. About the only time I use it apart from sites which also require flash. Opera and Firefox rock, IE not!
    I wondered why the dialogue preview box said that I was using profane words..

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

I dont have Firefox,looks like I have to live with it!