Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Treasure from Gringo

Posted by ariole z7DE (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 30, 05 at 16:01

Until about 18 months ago I had been out of the mainstream of C & S hobbyists for many years. Luckily I stumbled upon this site and one other. While I was gone, many names changed and many more plants were available. A new one to me was a pink flowered form of Mammillaria carmenae. I can easily remember my excitement when Gringo posted a picture of his beauty. And I was even more excited when, just nine months ago, a package arrived with three beautiful seedlings. This month I have been eagerly following the development of some flower buds that definitely show some pink color.

Shawn, where are you? Im very eager for you to see how these gems are progressing.

Al

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Treasure from Gringo

Al, it's so nice to meet folks such as yourself on this forum. Thanks for sharing your personal story with us. Obviously, those youngsters are thriving in the hands of an experienced caretaker. Good growing Al!
Amy

o

Nice triplets you have there, picture of health.
About 18 months ago I lost a very good carmenea through over watering (yes guilty as charged) but served my time saving one little offset which is thankfully coming along a treat, but will take many years to emulate the plant I was had, lessons learned the hard way I guess!
If Carlsberg did Mammallaria Carmenea they would probably be the best Mamm's in the world:)
I'll post a pic of mine soon!
Scott

o

These are so pretty when they're grown this well.

o

They are GORGEOUS, Al! Glad you found this site too, so you can share your plants & stories with us! ;)

~Rosemarie

o

Very nice Al, pale spined forms!
Here's my red spined form...

Cheers, CP

o

Hi Al. You've obviouly taken very good care of them! Thanks so much, for the update.
I think the seeds came from Pieter in a trade, originally ordered from De Barmon (in France?)
Please show us when they bloom, ok?
I'm wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

o

Really beautiful Al,
Keep up the good work. My seedlings are still pretty small. Happy New year to all!
Dan

o

Hello Al;
I got one of those beauties from Gringo too, here it is next to a Mamm PDLR (from Shawn too) You can see the buds already :-)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Alex

P.D. Hey Gringo! Good to hear from you buddy

o

Alex, what a pair. I love it when the really small ones show who they are. That tiny little one is a treasure and a half. That's another one of those plants that, until recently, I didn't know existed.

I thank all for their nice comments on my trio and a really big thank you to Gringo.

A wonderful growing, blooming and photographing year to all.

Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here