Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tequila_gw

Mammillaria giselae

tequila
18 years ago

I got this one like Mammillaria giselae, looking for description I found that the name now is Mammillaria shideana ssp giselae. Can you confirm the ID?

{{gwi:493041}}

Thank you

Alfonso

Comments (12)

• deefar
    18 years ago

Oh, thats a cutie....definately a keeper.

Dawn

• deefar
    18 years ago

Yes, Mammillaria giselae is M. shiedeana ssp. giselae. Where did you find that? I would love to get one.

Dawn

• Pieter
    18 years ago

Hi,
    That one looks a lot like my giselae, so there is a good chance yours is this species as well.
    Pieter

• tequila
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Dawn:
    I got this one in the Desert museum in Saltillo, Coahuila
    Maybe by Priority mail I could post some to NY
    Alfonso

• cactuspolecat
    18 years ago

Hi Alfonso, I'm not familiar with this little Mamm. so I'm unable to comment, except to say I like what I see there, it's such a tidy compact little plant. Do you know what the flower is like?

CP

• tequila
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I haven´t seen the flowers of this one, but my Mammillaria shideana has little white flowers

M. shideana
    {{gwi:493042}}

Alfonso

• deefar
    18 years ago

Alfonso and CP, the flower on this plant tend to be a light pink with darker pink stripes, real pretty and delicate looking.

Alfonso, Are you serious, that would be great if you could do that for me. Your M. shiedeana, is that a plumosa var.?

Dawn

• cactuspolecat
    18 years ago

Thanks for that info Dawn.

CP

• shrubs_n_bulbs
    18 years ago

M. shiedeana ssp shiedeana and ssp dumetorum both have white flowers. Ssp dumetorum has more spines than ssp giselae in quite distinct layers. Ssp schiedeana has many more spines and they are plumose (pubescent).

• tequila
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Dawn let me see how difficult is to take one or two buds from this one, and mail me your address to post it
    Alfonso

• deefar
    18 years ago

Alfonso, you are just way too kind, thank you. I will send you an email.

Dawn

• cactusjordi
    18 years ago

That's the way Mammillaria giselae flowers. They are flowering for me since end of November already.

This is a pinky one:{{gwi:493038}}Â Â

and this one is more whitish:{{gwi:493040}}Â Â

Jordi

Sponsored