Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tjsangel

Burro's Tail I think

tjsangel
18 years ago

{{gwi:493436}}

I posted this one on the houseplant forums also. Burro's Tail Sedum, or Lamb's Tail. Either way it's a beautiful, easy plant to grow. Enjoy and Happy Holidays!

Jen

Comments (7)

• Denise
    18 years ago

Actually, Burro's Tail is the big one. This is one of the forms, which is x. Sedeveria 'Harry Butterfield'...
    {{gwi:493437}}

Your's is "Little Burrito" or Sedum 'Burrito', I believe. A nice one, I might add!

Denise in Omaha

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

Yes, I agree with Denise (but a species name), Sedum burrito. Nice plant you have there!

~Rosemarie

• cactusdan19
    18 years ago

Jen,
    Sedum morganianum. Nice plant, your's too Denise.
    Dan
    Lincoln, NE USDA 5

• spikelover
    18 years ago

sedum burrito - definitely not morganianum the leaf shape is wrong.

• robcacti
    18 years ago

Sedum burrito is a cultivare of Sedum morganianum

• chrisbrut
    17 years ago

Please help my mother had a beautiful one and I put it in a corner where it was apparently too cold or something now it is just about dead and I don't want that to happen. What can I do to bring it back, before it's too late? I only have a very small piece left and I don't want to lose it, it had 12 or more runners that were 5 to 7 foot long. I've tried root starter, repotted it in baked dirt and nothing is working; please I can't find one anywhere around here where I live. I live in upstate NY and no one around here has even heard of them.

• pirate_girl
    17 years ago

Hi Chris,

Generally it's best to start a separate thread for a new question, but ...

In response, take any remaing leaves & place them ON TOP OF, not in, a fast draining mix (or some of its original soil), they don't need rooting hormone.

Give them bright, indirect light & leave them alone for a while (in upstate NY, your brightest window would do OK). DO NOT WATER until you see new growth, then water lightly or maybe mist the surrounding soil only, not the plant (it will rot it). Over time, they'll start growing little rootlets & or baby leaves.

Sorry to hear of this loss, but pls. know that no amount of fussing over this will help this along. I often accidentally knock leaves off mine while reaching for something else. I just throw the leaves on top of the mix & forget abt them for a month or so, then I check back & start watering when I see a bit of new growth. Good luck!

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH