Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
blooming Aloes

Posted by Desert_Gardener z9 AZ (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 27, 05 at 22:07

Love this time of year when the Aloes really start to bloom. Enjoy!

Aloe millotti

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Aloe Deltoideodonta v. brevifolia

Unknown on the left, and hybrid Blimey Limey on right.

Last one...no flowers yet, but a nice bud forming..Aloe conifera after a brutal summer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blooming Aloes

• Posted by Borrego Z 10 L.A. Cal. (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 27, 05 at 22:47

Some fine flowers and plants, indeed. I currently have yellow aloe vera, aloe bakeri, blime limey, arborescens, and a few hybrids in bloom. I have extras for swapping on a few different aloes I have, but I don't think they would handle full Phoenix sun. Email me if interested. The conifera looks like it has had alot of water or fertilizer this year, the white vertical slashes on some of the leaves, a sign of excessive water?

o
RE: blooming Aloes

It wasn't excessive water, or fertilizer, but severe aloe abuse. The pic makes this aloe look like it's in better shape than it is. It gets a lot of full sun in the summer, and was over 110 for many, many days. This aloe is finally starting to plump up, after shriveling and feeling paper thin in the summer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here