Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19689894

Calpat...about horse sculpture...

User
17 years ago

Hi Pat,

You posted a query on Gardening in Oz forum about a horse sculpture that you thought was in Australia. I sent you an email about it, but wondered if you even got it. It seems a lot of emails are not getting through on GW and THS. Please reply on this forum if you are still interested and I will give information.

Cheers,

Dee.

Comments (11)

• calpat
    17 years ago

Thanks Dee, NO my e-mail hs been so screwed up and it seems I'm not the only one. I recently read that all of the internet services are really busy trying to take care of a siege of viruses, worms, intruders, etc. Trying to be patient about this problem! Please try to e-mail me again with whatever info. you have about the horse statues. I have the information about some statuary in Texas,US, but I was so sure that I had seen this on a travel log from Austrailia. thanks for remembering, Pat

• User
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Pat,

Unfortunately, the picture I have is the one in Texas. It just sounded and looked exactly as you described, so I was sure it was the one. I have Googled myself silly looking for something like it in Australia and have asked well travelled friends as well and there seems to be nothing like it here. I will include the link to the picture I found anyway, just in case. It is a most magnificent sculpture...

I am so sorry if it is not the one you were seeking, but boy, if you were ever there, I'm sure it would be worth looking at.

Cheers,
    Dee.

Here is a link that might be useful: Horse sculpture

• calpat
    17 years ago

Dee, I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the time it must have taken you to find this for me. I guess my brain cells are playing tricks on me, oh I really don't like this "old age" thingy! Consider this: I OWE YOU BIG TIME!
    With many, many thanks! Pat

• calpat
    17 years ago

Dee, I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the time it must have taken you to find this for me. I guess my brain cells are playing tricks on me, oh I really don't like this "old age" thingy! Consider this: I OWE YOU BIG TIME!
    With many, many thanks! Pat

• User
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi again Pat,

It is a pleasure....actually, I quite enjoyed "playing detective" LOL.

I totally understand about the "old age" thingy. How many times have I gone to another room or a cupboard, only to get there and think "What did I come here for?"

I don't know your age, but I am 57 and find it quite scary that I will probably get worse rather than better. On the brighter side though, I know I am not alone in this situation!

By the way, in case you need more information, here it is:

Mustangs Sculpture in Las Collinas Square,
    O'Connor Road at Highway 114,
    Irving,
    Texas.

Hope you get to see it one day!!

Cheers from a garden buddy,
    Dee.

• youreit
    17 years ago

WOW, that's an amazing sculpture with the water feature! Thanks for sharing this with us all, ladies. :)

Brenda

• calpat
    17 years ago

Dee, I'm laughing at you being your age. I just had my 81st birthday and plugging along. A tip: whenever you have those "what was I going to do?" moments, don't worry about it, just think of the exercise you get going from one place to another. My MD keeps telling me I need exercise, o.k. I got one of those pedometers, strapped it to my ankle and away I go! At first I kept thinking about prisoners who have to wear ankle bracelets that are monitored. Then too, at the end of the day, I note the number of steps I've taken and with the help of a small calculater, I figure out just how far I've walked. I do have to religiously tag the flats that I start new plants in, otherwise I end up with mystery plants till they grow & hopefully bloom. I also learned to "rap", so when I get ready to go someplace, I go thru this routine to make sure the lights, water, etc. are off. Needless to say my kids think I'm weird, but then who cares! Enjoy your years, there's not a thing you can do to stop them! Pat
    Sure wish my e-mail would get going again!

• CA Kate z9
    17 years ago

What a great sculpture! WHere is this?

• calpat
    17 years ago

Westelle: Here is the location:
    http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/27cd04/

Mustangs Sculpture in Las Collinas Square,
    O'Connor Road at Highway 114,
    Irving,
    Texas.

Enjoy!

• User
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Brenda and Westelle...I am glad you have had some enjoyment from the link. Apparently it is twice life-size, so imagine what it looks like when you are actually there! I love the way the water sprays up around the hooves as if they are really galloping through. I wouldn't mind seeing it myself.

Calpat....You sound like you are doing just fine. The pedometer is a great idea. I bought one about a year ago and I have improved my fitness level a lot. As far as the memory thing goes, I have read it is only a problem if you don't realise you have a problem!! LOL. My dear Dad (RIP) used to say about putting up with his ailments..."Well, it's better than the alternative" He had a good point, don't you think?

Cheers to all,
    Dee.

• youreit
    17 years ago

LOL @ your "rapping", Pat! Hey, that's a good idea, really. Hubby and I always seem to forget something, so we should write a memory "song". :D

I love the water splashing with the sculpture, too! I'd visit Irving, TX, just to see that piece of art.

Brenda