Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lesdvs9

Happy Birthday Pat!

lesdvs9
16 years ago

Hi Pat, a little birdy said it was your birthday and I wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday today! I hope this day finds you feeling well and doing exactly what you'd like to be doing:)

A rose for you, this one is called,

Angel Darling:

{{gwi:494468}}

Les

Comments (5)

• CA Kate z9
    16 years ago

I'll add a Happy Birthday! too, Pat. I hope your day is filled with fun things to do.

Les: That is a pretty rose; I just made need to look for it to add to my garden. Do you remember who the grower is?

• lesdvs9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Westelle, it's a mini, at 14 months old in Nov it was 24"Tx31"wide. This rose starts blooming end of Mar, first of April and lasts through Nov and some blooms in Dec with it as mild as it was this year. I keep it deadheaded and I always have a few blooms to it all in bloom. Heat does not phase this rose or brown it. This is a favorite of mine, it's outside the dining room and one of the roses in one of the front flower beds.

It's Sequoia Nursery here in Visalia and you better hurry because they're going out of business and selling a lot of roses right now and moving the stock to Texas A&M. As far as I know it's the only place to find this rose. The roses are selling fast, word is they'll be open to internet orders until April, other word is they'll last through Feb. I went the first of the Jan and picked up the last dozen roses I'd been wanting and they're sitting in the garage pretending they're still in the open greenhouse with a shade cloth overhead.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seauoia Nursery

• calpat
    16 years ago

Thank you ladies for the birthday greetings! And the rose is lovely! Waiting for one of those nice sunny days to get outside. Pat

• youreit
    16 years ago

Oops, I missed your b-day, Pat, but hey, the snow found you! :D I hope you had a wonderful day out of the elements.

Angel Darling is a beaute, Leslie! It looks like Sequoia doesn't have that one in stock any longer!

Brenda

• lesdvs9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You're most welcome Pat, snow was a nice birthday surprise:)

Brenda, this rose will probably pop up somewhere if not this year, maybe next. I'll let you know if you're really interested. Mr. Moore's roses will be going to Texas A&M. I really do love mine, I get a kick out of it that she closes up shop for the night and opens again in the morning:)