Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a good piano teacher

Posted by jenn 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 21, 06 at 13:05

Years ago (!!!) when I was a girl I took piano lessons for several years. I still have that piano now. I rarely play it so I'm very rusty when I do. I'd like to find a good piano teacher to take some lessons and renew the ability I used to have. However, "piano teacher" (or music teacher or any other variation) seems to be the only thing not listed in the yellow pages!

Anyone know a good teacher to recommend, or a source for finding one?

Thanks,
Jen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a good piano teacher

You could try looking under "Music Instruction", Jen. It sounds like fun! I took piano lessons when I was young, too, and the only song I can remember is "Yankee Doodle Dandy". LOL I wish we still had our piano.

Good luck with your endeavor!

Brenda

o

Hey Brenda, thanks I'll try that. I need some lessons to give me structure to practice and play more often. My mom took lessons when she was a girl and she still plays almost every day on her baby grand piano. She also plays by ear; she can add a boogie-woogie tempo to almost any song too. Unfortunately I didn't inherit that gene!

Thanks again,
Jen

o

Check with local businesses that sell pianos, organs, etc. They almost always have teachers available, also the local colleges have great music dept.

o

More great ideas from Pat!

Ahhh, my mother-in-law could do that boogie-woogie thing, too! I always admired her ability to just sit and start playing whatever tickled her fancy. Her piano has been silent since August. :(

As soon as you're able, I'd love to hear some Mozart. LOL

Brenda

o

Try Craigs List, on the web, type in Craigs List in the search.

o

Hey, someone threw me--or us--a curve! I thought this was a gardening program. (Webmaster, are you awake?) If it isn't so, let's talk about fishing because it was once my numero uno hobby. I'd love to re-live them days again.

o

I agree with carney. This is a gardening program. But does anyone want to talk about traveling to Italy? Just kidding.

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 14, 06 at 9:36

This is the off-topic area, folks. (Just about) anything goes here.

Brenda

o

Yep, this is the off-topic (non-gardening conversations) area. For gardening discussions, click on the Discussions thread.

You must be new here, so Welcome!

Jen

o

Did you ever find one? I can't find any cost affordable piano teachers?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here